tuscl

Bitcoin Blues

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Well I fucked myself.

I was running a software program that cleans up your computer and I accidentally deleted the file that had my information to access my Bitcoin info in there, and it’s non-recoverable.

I didn’t have much, maybe $30-$40 worth at the beginning of this summer. I never checked it since maybe June. Wonder how much it would be worth today?

13 comments

• ime
    7 years ago
    100 maybe
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Actually should be close to 400 that’s a nice weekend in Detroit;(
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    There are undelete programs for most OSs that are pretty good. Main thing is not to mess that drive too much before you run then.

But for the amount of money you are talking, the cost of the software is a good % of what you would recover. Might not even be worth sweating.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    200 max
  • ime
    7 years ago
    If you were juice that would get you through winter
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ lol but I’m me and $200 won’t even cover my cable bill for the month!

Well that’s good, I was gonna feel pretty bad if someone said $2,000.

I use bitcoin to pay for file server hosts so about a year ago it was down to $14, then around June around $40.
  • JackScott
    7 years ago
    Unless I'm wrong, I thought that the data was replicated among many computers as sort of a peer-to-peer check and balance system that prevents people from hacking the software and giving themselves more than what they really have. Wouldn't that secure your balance in the event of a computer failure? Or as a bitcoin user, are you responsible for your own backups?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    You're responsible for your own backups. The public part of the blockchain is on thousands or millions of computers now, but your private keys are only wherever you put them.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I got in when they were less than $100 and got out with a $500 profit. I think I'd be a millionaire if I stuck it out longer.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I assume you mean you had your 24 word code in there. Bad idea, you should have that tatto'ed on the back of your testicles.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Oh...as a matter of perspective a gent trashed his hard drive some time ago with his private keys on it. The bitcoin on that is worth over $100M and is buried in the local landfill. If you want to become a different kind of bitcoin miner and dig that out of the landfill undoubtably there would be a substantial reward.

https://gizmodo.com/man-who-threw-away-a…
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I wrote all my passwords on a piece of paper and took a picture of it; it's in my phone and password protected in case I loose it.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Uprightcitizen has a great idea !!! Tattooing on your testicles. LMAO
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion