Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

OT: Apple Sheep

joc13
joc131738

firmly on the Atlanta United bandwagon!

8 yrs ago · 1 min read

The Apple shepherds are conducting another roundup of their sheep disguised as a new product launch. Local news just showed a line of 100+ people outside a store at a local mall.

Given how close we are to the beginning of the month, how likely is it that a whole bunch of November rent or mortgage payments are about to be spent on $1000 devices?

I sure hope the family I heard about that took $3600 from their kid's college fund to buy 4 $900 iPhone 8s back in the spring (thus delaying his college start until January) isn't about to pull another $4000 out now. With the way Apple manipulates their customer base, that kid's never going to college.

Replies (7)Latest

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Word up joc13.I've made a career with the same type of people by creating a sense of urgency.

Profile picture for etsutwigg222
etsutwigg222
•

Since the beginning of time, an apple has led us to make bad decisions!!!

Profile picture for georgmicrodong
georgmicrodong
•

As much as I love my iPhone, and all of the ones I've had before it, there's no way I'm standing in line to buy one. Nor am I ordering it on release day.

Apple is good, but not perfect, and almost every product they've release has some bugs that I find at least inconvenient. They generally fix those, but it's worth waiting.

Profile picture for Cashman1234
Cashman1234
•

It’s amazing - how many folks will wait in line to pay full price for Apple products. As mentioned in the op - those are possibly folks who don’t have discretionary income to waste on new phones.

It’s a crazy cycle - as folks spend money they don’t have - on products they don’t need - and then they buy more unneeded stuff with those new phones - and get deeper in debt!

Profile picture for mark94
mark94
•

And, standing in line for Starbucks. Same concept. Buying something branded as being the best. Affordable luxury. Read Veblen’s Theory of the Leisure Class for a fuller explanation.

Profile picture for Cashman1234
Cashman1234
•

I’m sure it was fun watching them get their new phones - as they stood in the store and moved their heads around to setup the new unlock feature!

Profile picture for san_jose_guy
san_jose_guy
•

I have never been a fan of Apple.

SJG

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement