tuscl

OT: Trump's fortune drops by $600 million to $3.1 billion

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Donald Trump's fortune fell by $600 million, and the president is now tied with Snap founder Evan Spiegel on Forbes' 2017 ranking of the 400 richest Americans.

Trump ranks No. 248 on the billionaires list this year with a net worth of $3.1 billion, according to Forbes, which released the rankings Tuesday.

Trump ranked No. 156 in 2016.

Forbes, which has tracked Trump since the list's debut in 1982, said the president's faltering net worth is due to weakening in the New York City real estate market.
The president shares his spot on the list with the 27-year-old Spiegel, co-founder and CEO of the parent of Snapchat.

Spiegel took his ephemeral photo messaging company public on the New York Stock Exchange earlier this year.

Forbes used closing stock prices from Sept. 22, 2017, to compile the Forbes 400 list.

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates tops the list for the 24th-consecutive year, with a net worth of $89 billion this year.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was No. 2 spot for the second year in a row, with a net worth of $81.5 billion.

Berkshire Hathaway's Warren Buffett, who prior to 2016 held the No. 2 spot for 15-consecutive years, was third in 2017 with a net worth of $78 billion.

Forbes says the minimum net worth required to be counted among the richest hit a record high of $2 billion, up from $1.7 billion in 2015 and 2016.

The combined total net worth of all the 400 billionaires on the Forbes list was a record-breaking $2.7 trillion this year. That's up from $2.4 trillion in 2016.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/…

8 comments

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    You are fanning the flames. I’m sure there are some crazy comments coming! This will be entertaining.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Wasn't meant as a political thread - more of a "oh I didn't know this"
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... Forbes says the minimum net worth required to be counted among the richest hit a record high of $2 billion ..."

Jeez - if you have $2 billion you are at the bottom of the list
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I understand that you posted it in a non-political way - but I’m sure it will become political quite quickly.

That list is pretty insane - when considering the net worth of the average American. The age group with the highest net worth was age 65-69 with a net worth of approx. $194,000. The actual median net worth of Americans was $69,000. So there is a huge gap between the average American and the Forbes list.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    I guess you might call this post political. If Trump had simply put his inheritance in index funds, he would be worth $13B as of Aug 2015 (see attached article) and presumably more today. Gives you an idea of how pathetic it is to consider him a great businessman. He was born with a silver spoon.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-tru…
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Most people increase their net worth as president.

Well, he's declared bankruptcy 5 times and would have been 6 without the Russian banks so I'm not surprised he's actually losing money as our commander and chief.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Trump is a dope, but then again the idol of the left, warren Buffet needed to be bailed out with our tax money, so he is a bigger dope.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^I don’t remember Warren Buffet getting a tax funded bailout please elaborate.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion