tuscl

And I thought that the FL pan handle was a waste of time.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, July 31, 2017 6:54 AM
PANAMA CITY BEACH — The manager of a Panama City Beach strip club is in jail after police said they were tipped off about an underage dancer at the club and uncovered prostitution during the investigation. Arie Prozer, 42, was arrested Saturday in an undercover operation by the Bay County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) at Show-N-Tail, 8776 Thomas Drive, and charged with allowing a child to engage in sex, setting up and maintaining a place for prostitution, living off the earnings of a prostitute and violation of the morality ordinance. BCSO received a complaint that a 17-year-old was dancing at the club, which turned out to be true, according to Sheriff Tommy Ford. During the investigation, officers substantiated that prostitution was also happening at the club, and arrested the five dancers for violating the county’s morality ordinance, which defines how much of a dancer must be covered during a show. Casey Stewart, Dominca Malone, Tiffany Larson, Victoria Figueroa and Jonerika Cheatham were all booked at the Bay County Jail in connection with the incident. Three undocumented immigrants were also identified in the sting. “The bottom line is there was a complaint and it is our job to enforce the law,” Ford said. Ford said whether or not Show-N-Tail will stay open in the future is “under evaluation.” This is the second time in less than a year BCSO has made a string of arrests at Show-N-Tail. In December, police arrested five dancers for violating the morality ordinance, as well as the manager for letting them. Previously, in April 2015, the Panama City Beach police arrested 11 dancers and the manager over the morality ordinance, though the State’s Attorney’s Office eventually dropped those charges. Nudity and indecent conduct are illegal in Bay County commercial establishments, according to the county’s morality ordinance. The law states it is illegal within any business serving food, drink or alcohol for a person to “expose or exhibit in a vulgar or indecent manner ... any portion of the female breast below the top of the areola where the areola and nipple are not covered by a fully opaque covering,” according to county codes. The ordinance also prohibits owners or managers from directing or allowing nudity within their businesses. The penalty for violation of the morality ordinance can be up to a $500 fine or as much as 60 days in jail, unless otherwise determined by officials. The law has been on Bay County’s books since 1982.

14 comments

• rh48hr
    7 years ago
    If these are the laws, chances are it is a waste of time going forward with all of these stings.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    The Florida panhandle is populated by overbearing Bible thumpers who want to impose their morality on others. I'd love to see this ordinance challenged. Men can expose their chests with impunity; why not women? As written, the law would seem to prohibit any nudity in a business that serves food, drink etc. Presumably hotels that offer a breakfast or drink service would be covered by the ordinance. Does this mean that you would be prevented form showering nude, in the privacy of your hotel room?
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Morality cannot be legislated.
  • RTP
    7 years ago
    Shadow, I happen to know that a few dancers from your favorite club take road trips to the Panhandle to work at some clubs. They brag about the money they make I am only making an assumption, but I would guess that these dancers use some of their same skills on customers in the Panhandle as they use in Doraville to make the kind of money that makes them happy. Either that of the cost of 420 must be great.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    RTP - I've never run across one of them. You'll have to point them out to me next time. JS69 - If I ever got busted in a prostitution sting, I would love to plead not guilty on the grounds that government does not have the right to decide my morality. Would you like to plead that case?
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Sure SC I'll take your money to argue that defense for you. But by "can't" I really meant "can't effectively." The government tries to dictate morality but it doesn't change conduct or attitudes. It just pisses people off and makes them more likely to violate the stupid law. So the government regulation of "morality" has the effect of making people more "immoral." Teaching moqlity shouod be left to parents and churches.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Morality ordnance? Call it the "No Fun Law"
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Aw. Maybe I'll just go with the public defender. :)
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    land of the free. and the brave. and the prudes.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    Really I'd like to think the prudes will eventually lose the battle but- I think hiring underage girls means the club has put its customers and the rest of the bar workers at risk. I hope people reading this will use their judgement.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    What happens b/w consenting adults behind closed doors is b/w them. Often times LE will let the clubs be but minors being in the club, even as a custy, is not gonna be tolerated and LE then *has* to act.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    So I wonder who it was who filed the complaint? A) pissed off older dancer who wasn't making as much $$$ as the 17yr old B) pissed off wife of a rookie PL who came home with glitter on his shirt and bubble gum lip gloss on his dick C) SJG cause the 17yr old wouldn't make out with him in the front room
  • HookahTime
    7 years ago
    Here's the video that shows the busted girls & manager: [view link]
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    The video indicates that the manager showed the undercover officers video of the dancers having sex with customers (including the 17 year old). What an asshole! No video. No evidence. No arrest (except the manager employing the 17 year old). Hey, dickhead -- no video in the clubs -- when are they going to learn???
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion