tuscl

No male bar tenders.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A Florida strip club accused of hiring only women bartenders and refusing to hire a man is facing a federal lawsuit.

A lawsuit filed Thursday by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says Sammy's Gentlemen's Club in Fort Walton Beach violated federal law by refusing to hire a male applicant because of his gender and by failing to maintain federally required employment records.

The EEOC says James Sharp attempted to apply for a bartender position in October 2015, but the manager told him the club didn't hire male bartenders. The agency says Sharp had bartending and management experience, but he was not allowed to apply for the position.

A telephone message left at Sammy's wasn't immediately returned.

I've been to this club. Mileage is so low a male bar tender would only make business slower.

27 comments

• chessmaster
    7 years ago
    What a douche
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I've never paid attention to the bartenders. Management probably worried another guy (especially one who can get the girls drink) might take blow jobs and sex away from them.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I've never seen a male bartender or waiter in my club, and I like it that way. I hope this EEO suit doesn't become a trend.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    In the SC I frequent, the bartenders are consistently 8/9s and of course dressed just as skimpy as the dancers. If the talent level on the floor is low, I know I can at least sit at the bar and flirt with and ogle at them.

Male bartender would completely ruin that.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I prefer chicken tenders
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    If it was the other way around and it was a business that didn't hire females then all hell would break loose - I'm glad the shoe is on the other foot.

I do not like female bartenders - most of them suck at their job and only have the job b/c they have tits and can show cleavage - IME I have consistently gotten better service from male bartenders - not saying there aren't any good female bartenders but IME many of them have their heads in the clouds or have the same poor work ethic as many strippers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Many a time I've been at a SC and the female bartender is either oblivious to other custies on the other side of the bar - or keeps you waiting while they are flirting w/ a custy or keep you waiting while they have their nose in their phone.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    @papi
    I like it when they hire bartenders with big tits that show cleavage. What's the issue there?
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The issue is that they often suck at their job
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Isn't that showing a prejudice against the well endowed members of the fairer sex? Do you also generalize about people of certain religions, races, or nose sizes?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I agree with Papi that very often female bartenders have problems with paying attention to the bar they often seem to be focused on one guy sitting at the other end and it can be annoying trying to get their attention when that happens. If you remember a few weeks back at Vixens I spoke with the manager about that with our bartender.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    flagooner - strop patronizing the board - really - your are too old for these type of shenanigans
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @flagooner Look guys to be fair male bartenders do the same sometimes but mostly I notice it with the female bartenders.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Oh, so you're an agist too?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Not sure how that makes me ageist, but fuck you jackie, and stop patronizing us. ; )
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Papi is the agist, saying old people are above shenanigans.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    :)
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    Just require that ALL staff be available for standard-rate lap-dances in the private rooms. Whatever level of contact and whatever level of clothing-removal are legal in the jurisdiction, will be required of anyone who works inside the club as an employee. Hence, males who insist on getting bartending jobs at the club, will also have to hustle dances whenever asked, to any male or female customer. Thus, first, you have a self-selecting phenomenon: either it's sexually appealing (and probably gay) males who apply, or it's females who apply to be bartenders. And thus, second, you have the right to demand a certain level of visual attractiveness among your employees, and thereby can apply the "hot as a dancer" criterion to your wait-staff and bartenders as well.

Simple, no?
  • JackAstor
    7 years ago
    IMO , from my own experiences ,Female bartenders pour weak drinks
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Maybe, but they have nicer boobs.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I don't do employment law much, but I think there's an exception to the discrimination laws that let's a business hire just men or women if the sex of the employees is integral to the business. If that exception applies anywhere it should apply to strip clubs.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^in that case why not female bouncers and djs?
  • tumblingdice
    7 years ago
    Please stop Scat. I'm still trying to come to terms with you shooting your load when a dog licked your ass.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think Hooters argued that the only way they were able to charge their rediculous prices was bc their servers were an integral part of their ambiance, and that customers were not paying for food, but for the ambiance and fantasy.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    My club has female djs.
  • TheDevil66
    7 years ago
    You are such a faggot shadows. You want male bar tenders so you can suck their dick. I am the Devil. I know what is in your heart my son. I will see you soon in hell
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    All the bartenders at my favorite club are great, but the male bartenders will help me work my game more than the female ones will.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion