tuscl

Drunken Horse Pub - F-Ville, NC

Coltrane25
North Carolina
I keep waiting to see when the Drunken Horse will be added here. Perhaps it has been but already deleted. I'm unsure. For those who are wondering, Mickey's - the best daytime club in Fayetteville, NC - was shutdown last year. The old shopping center that housed it had been deleting tenants over the last several years. The last time I rolled through I think the Korean Juicy bar in the back was the only thing left, but it is so hard to tell if those places are open. Once upon a time, that shopping center housed a number of Juicy Bars plus Mickey's. Some people miss their Korea tours I guess.

In any case, when Mickey's closed, the day crew (management, bartender, girls, everything) moved to Sharkey's and started a day shift there. Prices were the same. Girls were the same. Dances were the same. It wasn't as cozy (I always liked the small size of Mickey's daytime area) but it worked.

Earlier this year I was in Sharkey's and learned that Mickey (yes there is a Mickey) had been pushed out but that the old Mickey's crew had secured the use of the Drunken Horse Pub on Eastern Ave. during the afternoons to run a club.

I have heard mention on here that they were open, but have yet to go myself. Has anyone here been and would you like to start a review? I'll be back down there in a few days and will scope it out. However, if they've shut it down I won't get my hopes up. If I find it, I'll try and start a listing here.

Any info would be appreciated.

4 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    The internet is a valuable source of information.

https://www.indieonthemove.com/venues/vi…
  • Coltrane25
    7 years ago
    Oh, I know that stuff. Yes one can find what the club is doing in the evening. I am looking to see if anyone has been during the day and can report that they are dancing there still. I see posts in March, but haven't seen it added to the list.

I think this is what Mickey's was doing towards the end, strip club during the day, live music spot at night.
  • Coltrane25
    7 years ago
    Unless it's on there and I missed it.

That has been known to happen.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    TUSCL depends on info from users - it is the users that notify the site of a new club - so it may be up to you to add the club to TUSCL once you've visited, and submit a subsequent review.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion