tuscl

$325K Wedding Nixed After Brawl At Rehersal Dinner

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Read this article, my jaw dropped when I read it, including the $$$ amounts on things involved in the wedding. $125K for a ring?

http://nypost.com/2017/02/12/320k-weddin…

Another article on this:

http://nypost.com/2016/11/13/broken-enga…

12 comments

• san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    High end drama, fortunately, way out of my price range.

:)

SJG
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Gee, and I was going to kiss the bride at the dinner.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I do enjoy true love stories like this.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

He saved himself some money in the long run by getting out now.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    They keep the ring they pay for the wedding or whatever it costs to back out and everybody goes on their merry way.

That's too complex I guess.

As usual, only the lawyers win.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    After reading the article - the term "Jewish Princess" is now brought to a new level.

I went to college with several Jewish girls from NY/NJ/Phily and man they were all cunts.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @JS69. This kind of stuff is your bread & butter right.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    "As usual, only the lawyers win."

Yes, it's a wonderful world.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Sounds like it was the parents that screwed it all up.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^Do you mean to say that there is something Barack Obama is not responsible for.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Barack can't fuck everything up, can he ?
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    I always thought that if I even had a daughter (and I have discussed this with couples with kids and female friends) that I would set a budget for her weddings and tell her what ever she does not spend I would write her and her husband a check if she went over I would not pay anything.
    A twenty something female friend told me that she was engaged a year before and had begun to plan her wedding keeping it small(before her boy/man got drunk one night and tried to seduce one of her friends) and she estimated that $15,000 would cover a very nice wedding and $5000 a small wedding using the church hall for the reception and a DJ. She was going to shoot for $7500 = 100 people, Church $500, reception catered by a local interest in the church hall & DJ $3000(Champagne toast+extra only, no open bar), weeding dress & flowers $2500 + after party at her parents house $1000.
    She and my friends with older college age daughters thought burning money on a one day party is just plain stupid.
    I personally know someone who spent upwards of $60,000 to $70,000 on their daughters wedding more than my (our theirs for that matter) first house cost.
    I was recently at a wedding and they spent maybe $5000 for 300 people for a catered open bar event with a DJ
    Catering done by a local BBQ place, Beer, wine and mix drinks, semi outdoors with tent and barn, Great party and not fancy but a good time was had by all. Not a society event but the worst time I have every had was at a pretentious wedding with all the stuffed shirts. Stayed for the obligatory appearance, when I notice all the single women were sizing all the single men up based on their stock portfolios, what they drove, how much their suit cost, and finally their looks(I was out of the running because I was driving a midsize regular rental, a $500 suit and they had no idea how much I made or was worth since I was 40 something guy from out of town. The friends that invited me(grooms parents) had an idea how much my company makes but were not the type to worry about "society".
    I left for girls that at least asked for your money up front before they unzipped you.
    Better an honest stripper who is paid upon delivery than a gold digger looking for her Mrs. Got Rocks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion