tuscl

Sorting discussion topics

Corvus
Arizona
I received an email today that one of my discussion posts was commented on. Nothing unusual there, except the post was made nearly three years ago (April 2014).

How do you thumb through the discussion posts here? By date or by last commented on? After the first comment today four more were made, so at least some of you evidently use the "last commented on" option. I don't and sometimes wonder if I'm missing anything?

6 comments

• shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I've always used the last comment because it is the latest information about the thread.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    The "Last Comment" option is the only way to go especially if one wants to keep track of certain threads
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I always use by "Last Comment." My first day here, I was wonder how you guys were managing to keep adding comments to a thread that was like on Page 64 from the most recent comment. Like, was everyone clicking on each post of the last 2 years just to see if there was a new post (as I was)? No. Then I stumbled on the message sorting combo box (drop-down list), and used it ever since that point.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    You can look up discussions under a certain member under their profile
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Last Comment. I wouldn't be surprised if almost no one -- at least as far as actual contributors, rather than trolls -- uses Date Posted. Otherwise, the volume of posts here can be pretty high, and it's very easy to miss a 2-day-old-post that's suddenly started getting interesting discussion.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Normally you go by the last commented on. But I always first state with those that I have posted on.

This being a busy forum, it is time consumptive to keep up.

What I wish is that Articles could bump the same ways that discussions do.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion