tuscl

OT: Inauguration performer Jackie Evancho’s album sales skyrocket

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Monday, December 26, 2016 2:45 PM
Jackie Evanch-who? Jackie Evancho — the virtually unknown 16-year-old singer slated to perform at Donald Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20 — is laughing all the way to the bank as her recent album sales have skyrocketed since her performance was announced. Trump detractors attacked the teenage classical singer earlier this month for agreeing to perform at the event, noting that it would ruin her career. However, it has done quite the opposite. Evancho's weekly album sales have quadrupled for both digital downloads and with retailers, according to TMZ. And her album "Someday at Christmas" reportedly had to be restocked twice in local stores, TMZ reported. Even the soprano's Billboard spot has jumped significantly. Evancho's "Dream With Me" album and her "O Holy Night" EP are both at No. 2 on the Billboard charts — which is the highest spot they've ever held. She's also the youngest solo artist to ever go platinum. The "America's Got Talent" breakout star will be singing the "The Star Spangled Banner" at next month's presidential ceremony. "I'm so excited," Evancho said on "Today" about the event. "It's going to be awesome." [view link]

6 comments

• TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Several performers that might normally relish the chance to perform at an inauguration have turned down the opportunity because of threats or fear of being associated with Trump. . I don't know anything about her but good for her for having the "balls" to buck the threats and bullying that the liberals are throwing at anyone that's involved with or shows any type of support for Trump. It's sad how they decry bullying then bully people that have differing views from theirs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ I've learned that liberals are extremely open-minded as long as you agree w/ everything they say and think
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Trump is a douche. No wonder no talented performers want to be seen with him.
  • etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    Never heard of her before, but going to buy her music now. Not because of the President-election support, but because it is my right to buy what I want with my hard earned cash. BTW....Anyone know how many of those that vowed to move before the election are gone ?????
  • grand1511
    8 years ago
    Who buys albums in stores these days?
  • jayhawk123
    8 years ago
    @theeOSU and @Papi...I totally agree with what both of you said. @jackslash...do you need one of those crying areas or safe places or whatever they are calling them?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion