tuscl

OT: R.I.P. Bic-Mac

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The inventor of the Big Mac has died

Michael Delligatti, the man who brought you the Big Mac, has died. He was 98.

Delligatti, more affectionately known as Jim, was one of McDonald'smcd first franchisees. He first created the Big Mac in 1967 at his Uniontown, Penn. restaurant, Business Insider reports.

Almost 50 years later, it's the same recipe served in chains today: two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions-on a sesame seed bun (for those of you old enough to remember the jingle). McDonald's has been experimenting with the Big Mac's size lately, offering both smaller and bigger versions of the sandwich.

Delligatti also helped to develop McDonald's breakfast menu by feeding Hotcakes and Sausage meals to steel workers at the end of their overnight shifts, according to Business Insider. He died at his home in Pittsburgh Monday night.

Jim was a legendary franchisee within McDonald's system who made a lasting impression on our brand, McDonald's said in a statement. We will remember Jim as an insightful franchisee, a knowledgeable businessman, and an honorable gentleman who left a legacy of four generations of family members running great restaurants in Pennsylvania and North Carolina.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies…

10 comments

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Who invented the McDonald toilet?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ crazyjoe's dad
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    No shit!
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    "He was 98."
    ---------------------
    Bet he didn't eat any Big Macs.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Another great was Lou Groen, who invented the filet-o-fish sandwich in 1962. He died in 2011 at the age of 93
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Clearly, eating, or at least inventing, McDonalds menu items is good for longevity! ;-)
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^Being rich and well educated helps.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I've never eaten a Big Mac before, but I've eaten several fish-o-filets. That, and pussy, I've eaten a good bit of that in my day!!!! Lol
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    In honor of the Big Mac I had two today! Delicious!
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ did you eat them on the bus ride home from school or did you ride your bike to mcdonalds after school you silly fuck!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion