tuscl

Why Portland has so many strip clubs

11 comments

• crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Nice!
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Glad to read Oregon strongly defends free speech in any manner. Over hear in South Carolina, that freedom has been squashed by requiring strippers to cover up.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Interesting statistics.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    good intel but as we all can probably attest raw #s don't tell the whole story - there is the quantity vs quality dilemma
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Lots of clubs sure, but any of them good?
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    In my experience, the farther north I go on this continent, the less I want to see the female population with limited clothing.

Portland, whether the Eastern or Western version, is too far north.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    yeah, the closer to the equator the hotter the babes
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    In my limited Portland experience, most of the strippers seem to be tatted up white girls. Maybe I went to the wrong clubs, but I'll be skipping the strip clubs on my next Portland trip.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Tatted up white girls are badass
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    8 years ago
    Just to think we had all this data. Founder could have run some sql database queries to give the data in 2 seconds, then those dumasses crawling and trawling all over tuscl with spideys that too around Halloween ...eerie. Just ask :)
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Notice that San Francisco is 47th on that list.

When you have a place with lots of strip clubs per capita, I feel it comes down to:

1. General loose attitude about the whole thing, not many local ordinances, easy to just add dancers to a bar, no special permit required.
    2. No special restriction in liquor license rules. States like California tie the alcohol license to the skin level. So you can't have full nudity and alcohol. This runs off some customers, and it also cuts into the owners profits. Also give LE a very easy way to enforce on a whole list of technicalities.
    3. No special location rules, "Adult Entertainment", rules make it very hard to open new clubs. Always too close to something. Sometimes they just have to use Adult Book Store sites. Very few new clubs opened in SF or in San Mateo, or Santa Clara Counties.
    4. Don't care attitude about indoor prostitution.

SJG

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7Vr3yQ…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion