tuscl

Notable lack of Friday Florida Reviews

dallas702
Wandering
The grossly over hyped hurricane Hermine caused rain in South Florida, wind on the east coast and the usual storm damage (storm surge, downed trees, power out, some stuff pushed around, local flooding) only in the almost strip club free "Big (bug) Bend" area of the Gulf coast. Actual hurricane impact was limited to a very small area. That was almost exactly what the actual storm projection was for over three days preceding landfall. The hype was extreme, but the reality was a small storm with limited, defined impact. Yet there is not one review of a Florida club posted Friday and very few on Thursday. I can understand strippers in New Port Richey staying home. I guess club goers in Tampa can be excused for taking a day off. But the whole state? What about Miami, Pompano, Jacksonville, Coco Beach?

Did the news hype really keep every PL away? Or did all the dancers stay home? I guess the core question is; do most strip club goers believe the news hype even when the facts don't support the exaggerated story line?

12 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yeah, Florida wimps !!! They start freezing when it gets to 65 so a little rain must have terrified them. Apologies to Clubber, Papi and twentyfive. :)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    It may have been due to the start of the holiday weekend. I'm planning to hit my favorite club today(not in FL) and don't know what to expect regarding dancer turn out.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Yeah, don't forget it's holiday weekend which usually means family activities (it does for me).

--> "No time for love, Doctor Jones!" -->
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Seriously, it did have a major impact up in NW Florida, it was not overhyped. I've experienced hurricanes, they are no joke. Clubber lived through Andrew, that was a monster hurricane.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Brilliant comment vincemichaels! I knew it wasn't going to do a thing down where Papi_Chulo or clubber are. I can't remember where some of the other Floridians call home base, so I wasn't sure about them.

But I'll just say that for one day I'd rather mellow at home and stay safe than risk things and go out. It would be seriously non-brilliant to end up having FEMA rescue you and "Bella" from a floating piece of debris in the gulf!
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I have restrictions on my SCing availability. Next weekend is my next opportunity.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    For the too literally-minded I should clarify that the notion of being swept out to open waters with a stripper was simply an exaggeration for the sake of humor.

You can tell because FEMA wouldn't help under those circumstances. The EPA would have to deal with contamination of the water column by body glitter first! ;)
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Actually it wasn't really the hurricane, this is our typically quiet inter season the South Americans are usually headed back to where they come from and the snowbirds from up north have not yet started their annual Florida migration, usually picks up about the middle of October with peak season January-February that's why there isn't a lot of activity right now.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    25 has it exactly right.

For some reason the talent also declines during this time. Maybe the better girls migate a little too.

In any event, it does seem like the girls who are there seem to work a little harder to make up for the decline in customers.

Though I don't partake, quoted prices for OTC are more reasonable during this time of year as well.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    @vincemichaels, I did not mean to minimize the impact upon those in the Big Bend area of Florida who absorbed the serious damage dealt out by even a cat 1 hurricane. It truly sucks (in a very bad way) to experience wind and water combining to rip your life apart and Hermine did that to a few folks.

But outside of the actual hurricane impact area (landfall and up to 40 miles east) the local and national news, plus local and state government combined to make this storm sound like Katrina's big bad sister and would destroy all of Florida, coastal Georgia and the Atlantic coast.all the way to Hatteras. What actually happened, as predicted, was the Atlantic coast, from Daytona to Charleston, got thunder storms and wind gusts. Preparedness is one thing, the self serving sensationalism something else entirely.

OTOH, I didn't connect the Labor Day weekend to fewer reviews - that makes sense. Maybe Florida dancers and PLs are not all wimps, just preparing for the holiday.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    True, dat, flagooner. I'm a snowbird, but I've traveled to South Florida throughout the year. The activiity does pick up during snowbird season, and of course the annyal migrations to Disneyworld. God forsaken, Orlando, home of the air dance. Of course heading up to Cocoa Beach improves SC experience immensely.
  • shanny72
    8 years ago
    The tropical force winds were as far south as Sarasota. Tampa had a bit of tree damage but little flooding. By fri night the clubs in tampa were packed again...at least the 2 i went to were.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion