tuscl

I hope all of our Floridian friends are ok!

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
I don't know if anybody lives near where the storm hit (all Florida TUSCLers that I can think of is from south Florida) but if you are I hope all is well! :)

31 comments

• Dougster
    8 years ago
    No worries. I heard Clubber just put the storm on his ignore list.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I guess Angela Corey was super angry that she lost her primary and has to say bye-bye to being state prosecutor. Hahahaha, dumb bitch.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Sounds like clubber did the right thing
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    No sweat in this part of the state. Some wild storms and rough surf, but nothing special. The whole storm is being overhyped. It's a category one, barely. I'd be more worried about the inland tornadoes in GA and SC.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    The weather reports are calling for heavy rain (pretty much it) which should be manageable. (I used to live in Florida.)
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Its almost sunny where I'm at in Palm Beach County Florida but very hot and the humidity is very high.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    One guy did die, found crushed under a tree in a heavily wooded area. It seems most people who die during small storms seem to be crushed by trees, even though they were told to stay indoors. What a stupid way to go. I can also guarantee that several more people, whole families, will perish in the storm's aftermath. Cause of death: Carbon monoxide poisoning from running generators too close to or inside the house.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    We have a TUSCL guy in Pasco county where the hurricane came in, I trust he is fine, I forget his moniker here, we met several years ago at a club there Hopefully he'll posr a report of how things were. Clubber may have gotten rain from it, but nothing hairy. I PM'd shadowcat this morning up in Northern Georgia, He'll get some rain from the back edge of Hermine. It sucks to live on the East Coast this Labor Day weekend, rain all weekend long, just like Sandy.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Climate change might be linked to increased hurricane activity. Right, Gamma?
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Aren't you still searching for ManBearPig, Al Gore?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Gore is having a great time living in his castle
  • Cowboy12
    8 years ago
    On the space coast, no major issues here...just a lot of rain!
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    vm,

Barely any rain and a crisp breeze is all. As gammanu95 states. "The whole storm is being overhyped. It's a category one," Typical of Florida news. May be a bit bigger story in N. Florida, but for that storm here, I wouldn't even put up the shutters. Maybe store a little extra gas for the generator. Buy a couple of packs of batteries. Heck the Everglades are less than 4.5 miles away. If you know how, plenty to eat out there. :)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    The good news is that it hit in a strip club waste land. So nothing important to us was lost. :)
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Shadowcat, always with the silver lining
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Shadowcat, keeping his eye on the ball
    #priorities
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    It was nice and cool today even though it rained all day until almost dark. I think the warmest it got was 71. If you got wet which I did a few times, it felt even more comfortable. My air didn't turn on as much today. Supposed to be sunny and clear for several days now. We are in a drought but got over 2 inches of rain.
  • shanny72
    8 years ago
    Tampa and its strip clubs are all fully operational. In fact, all this rain and the first of the month has got me ready to see some titties.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I heard Florida State was powerless this morning. Unfortunately I can't honestly say it was because they met their match from a better ncaa competitor.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Let's pray there are no sharknados
  • ime
    8 years ago
    I'm driving to Florida for vacation stopped in SC for the night rainy and a little windy. Saw an empty KFC bucket blowing across the highway. Did Juice cause a this hurricane with his super speed and rubbing thighs running to get chacken?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Juice, you SOB !! How could you??
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Juicenado..lol
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Central Florida escaped unscathed. I even had to let the sprinklers run this morning.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Highest ground in the state is in central Florida, right? Like 300 ft above sea level?
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    gammanu95,

Just noticed last night by my home, my GPS said I was 15 feet BELOW sea level! That's about 7 times lower that new Orleans average. I am really in a bowl/hole.

In actuality, I am about 9 feet above. I guess elevation isn't very accurate on a GPS. Of course we are talking a few feet out of 22,236 miles.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Lowest point in NOLA is Canal Street in the CBD at 20' below sea level. In contrast, Lake Pontchartran to the north averages 1' above sea level, and the Mississippi (which curves all around the city) is like 12' above sea level.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    It was Highlands County I was thinking is 300', out by Sebring
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    gammanu95,

I've scaled Mt.Britton Hill in the panhandle. It's over 1/15 of a mile high. Near Clermont
    is Sugarloaf Mountain which I've also scaled at over 1/17 of a mile!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Come to Colorado, Clubber and join the 14 club, the air is pure at 14,000 feet.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    vm,

Been there, done that. The strangest day of my life was out there. It was July 31st, early to mid '70s, We were up in the park, VERY high up. Long's mountain I think, and it was above the trees. Cold! On the way down, SNOW. First time I ever saw it. Was quick, but it was enough to cover the ground and road. After we continued down, we end up at some lake and it is like 74 degrees! Incredible!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion