GoVikings?

Mate27
TUSCL’s #1 Soothsayer!
I heard that coach Zimmer of the Vikings wanted to court Kaepernick to play qb for them after Teddy Bridgewater went down with a season ending knee injury.

GM Speilman had to remind coach Zimmer that Kapernick couldn't stand any better than their fallen starter. Lol!

11 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Groan.....still funny
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I'm pretty bummer about Teddy. The Vikes went from a long shot super bowl contender to unlikely to make the playoffs.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Since Dallas lost their star pussy,, Kapernick would be a good fit there
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    yeah, it sucks, but it happens.

and it happened at the worst possible time because at this stage.....there's obviously not much left via free agency

if you trade for someone, they gotta learn the playbook by next sunday lol

we'll see what happens.........but my guess is we are just gonna start our backup shaun hill
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    I feel bad for you GoVikings. I really like Bridgewater as a QB. Hate to see anyone go down like that. Looks like #28 might have a chance to run for 2,000 yards this year.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    we've struggled at the QB position for a while now, so this is nothing new. that's the main reason the Vikings haven't gone that far ever since peterson has been on team---because our QB play has been poor for most of petersons years

obviously losing your starting QB before the season even starts sucks big time---but i'm not any less excited for the season to start because of what happened
  • rattdog
    8 years ago
    aww what - no love for shaun hill? maybe the next kurt warner/rich gannon - a late bloomer.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Teddy was primed for a breakout year. Every rookie QB is terrible. Peyton wasn't very good his first year. Andrew Luck wasn't either. 3rd year is often where young QBs really shine.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    The news I get on Bridgewater doesn't indicate his career is over, but I feel for the young man who was due for a breakout year. If I were the vikings I'd inquire about Mark Sanchez. Kapernick is a bust and is worse than Hill.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    As yet another fan of the Minnesota Vikings I was crushed when Teddy Bridgewater sustained this unfortunate knee injury. As noted I doubt it will end his career but its going to be a hard road back to the plateau he was just reaching. Fortunately the Viking Training staff was very proactive on getting him stabilized before the EMTs arrived. Teddy will at least unquestionably receive good physical therapy and he will have a mentor in his teammate Adrian Petersen, who sustained an ACL himself earlier in his career and was able to come back even stronger in his position. He is also young and resilient so I have no doubt he will play again- its just a matter of whether this will shorten his active career down the road.

As far as the team's season, the only thing I'm writing off is the games against the Packers and Carolina in the early season. Shaun Hill will start, its not a perfect solution, and it will be an opportunity for younger quarterbacks on the roster to step up and try and make a name for themselves. I'm dubious about either Sanchez or Kapernick on their records. The market right now for quarterbacks is thin, and Dallas needing a franchise quarterback as badly as the Vikings doesn't help the situation. Whatcha gonna do, call Manning out of retirement? Pray for Tim Tebow? I don't think think so.

To be honest, there isn't a great amount of talent on the market at this stage of the game that is worth the price and Dallas is equally critical in needing to replace their franchise QB if not more so. If I were Coach Zimmer I would look at trying to raise the level of performance in house with either Stave or Sorenson. Its really the only honest option they got. They will probably sit Hill in the last preseason game against the Rams tonight, so I'm hoping we see a glimmer of hope out of these two rookie quarterbacks tonight.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Sorry to hear the news about Bridgewater. The Browns actually hired someone to do a study to find the best QB in the draft a couple years ago. Bridgewater was the guy that came out on top and our stupid former GM picked partyboy Johnny rehab who has talent but would rather get drunk and party. Didn't even last 2 seasons and looks to be one of the all time NFL busts!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion