tuscl

Investigation Finds Baylor Made Life Hell For Sexual Assault Accusers

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Baylor University is a Baptist institution and claims to promote Christian values. Except for football players? The Catholic Church is not the only place for Christian hypocrites.

http://deadspin.com/investigation-finds-…

10 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    Baylor sold its soul to the devil for athletic success.

Both the football team under Art Briles and the basketball team under Scott Drew rose to become national powerhouses quickly. Almost too quickly. Seems very suspicious.

Now Briles is gone. Someday Drew's dirty tactics will be made public too.

Religious hypocrisy at its finest
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    None of the players doing the raping were Christian, so why attack the whole university? They ultimately did the right thing, and it might cause them to be a bottom feeder again. Louisville never fired Pitino. Florida State never fired coaches when their players were raping women.

This is an epidemic in college athletics. The universities recruit retards with ACT scores of 17, just so they can win in sports. These Cro Mags think because they are an athlete, they can do whatever they please whether it is raping other students, stealing, driving drunk, assaulting people.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    It always amazes me that these young women seem to never contact the local police about the assaults. Why do they seem to only contact the football coaches or university police about this.

I love to watch college football but it is nearly as corrupt as politics.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I attack the university because the investigation revealed a systematic cover-up by university administrators and the football staff.

And the Waco police took part it in too. They hid some of the assault cases from public view and when high profile players were accused one of their first actions were to notify the football coaching staff

Football is King in Texas and the good 'ole boy network is alive and well.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    That is so true Motorhead. I have not been so interested in this issue to read much about it. But football is king in Texas and even the Baptists will do anything to win.

Remember the trouble SMU had a few decades ago after doing everything they had to in order to win. And Penn State with their problems. It's big in Texas, but everywhere across the country there are idiots willing to cheat at any and all levels to win. There's too much money involved.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Baylor had a long history of losing before they hired Art Briles. He knew that if he was going to have to compete with Texas and Texas A&M he would have to change the way things were done. So he recruited poor students and thugs. The players the other schools considered marginal. I can't believe no one at the University noticed. They knew.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    Rape is not easy to prosecute. Usually the only two witnesses were the two doing the deed. The guy claims consensual. The girl claims rape. Who do you believe? Patrick Kane was accused of being a rapist, and it turned out the woman was lying to get his money. There have also been pretty of cases of women being raped and never being enough evidence to convict the perpetrator.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    *plenty
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    At every big time athletic school the athletes are allowed way to much latitude.
    That was one of the many reasons Bobby Knight was fired. He only became abusive towards prim a-donas player that would not follow his program:
    1} GO TO CLASS you are first an IU student then an athlete.
    2} Come to practice every time and be ready to practice
    3} I am the coach and you are the player therefore you must play the way I say(Ref. "Hoosiers")
    4} Outside I expect you to behave like gentlemen, adhere to the code of school conduct in your handbook, and dress appropriately on game day
    You represent IU Basketball and must behave. Follow his rules and you got along great!
    He got to the point he could not deal with the pampered assholes who thought they were the whole team.
    Remember his team that went undefeated in 75/76 with a team that had no-one that went on to be NBA superstars although the ones drafted were solid workman players.

Schools are now just the semi pro minor leagues for the NBA/NFL and playing 4 years is the exception.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion