tuscl

OT: For my hip hop heads

larryfisherman
California
Rapper Drake just released his new album "Views" the other day. He's probably the most popular rapper today. This album is getting a lot of hype, they're saying it's gonna sell a million copies in its first week. I haven't listened to it. For anyone who has heard it, is it worth buying and/or listening to?

I've been bumping Kanye West's "The Life of Pablo" the last few weeks. Really good album.

Does Drake live up to the hype on this album?

11 comments

• Bavarian
    8 years ago
    I just can't warm up to Kanye or Drake.

Weeknd is more of my style
  • GACA
    8 years ago
    ^^^^@Bavarian the OP said Hip Hop, not pop or RnB...

Some of Drake's shit is cool, haven't heard the new album yet.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Nobody has heard Drake's new album? It can't just be old guys that are on TUSCL :)
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I haven't dug into "View" too much yet but I agree Kanyes new album is very good.

Some things disappoint about the view is several tracks were left off that were on some previous mixtapes.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    drake's new album isn't that good. drake' music overall isn't that good.

• NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    W/e when I was younger Drake was Jimmy on Degrassi, his first name was Aubrey back then and still is now. Aubrey Drake Graham.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    I'm not a fan of Drake. I think some of his music is ok, but I don't go out of my way to listen to him and don't think he's that talented.

I really liked Kanye back in the day before he became a pompous ass. Find it hard to get behind his music now. Doesn't mean I won't listen to him, but I'm not going to buy his music either.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    To a superannuated white dude like me, rap just doesn't get better than the Sugarhill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" (1979). Here's a quote from that seminal masterpiece:

With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
    The hip hip a hop, a you don't stop the rockin'
    To the bang bang boogie
    Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

to rh48hr: You mean there was a time when Kanye was *not* a pompous ass?
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    I'm sure there was a time before he became famous :-)
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I used to be a Drake fan, but the ghostwriting allegations turn me off, plus nowadays all he raps about is money. The Weeknd said he did seven songs for Drake's "Take Care" album. It's no wonder that album is by far his best.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    I can't get into todays hip hop much. It probably has something to do with me getting old..LOL I used to like Nas and 50, eminem. And before tupac and biggie. But today rap with drake,future,kanye(ass) and whoever else just is a totally different style. But hey my strippers sure like it!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion