Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Attention All Musicians in Your 60's: 2016 Is Not Your Year

shailynn
shailynn2921329

They never tell you what you need to know.

10 yrs ago · 1 min read

Damn another good one gone.

Glenn Frey yahoo.com

Strangely I never cared for the Eagles, but loves Don Henley and Glenn Frey's solo work.

Replies (14)Latest

Profile picture for mikeya02
mikeya02
•

What's great is Chuck Berry is still around at 89. Good clean living

Profile picture for shailynn
shailynn
•

Yes, awesome Chuck Berry is still going strong, unfortunately Yoko Ono is too.

Profile picture for ATACdawg
ATACdawg
•

Oh, no!

Profile picture for sharkhunter
sharkhunter
•

2016 definitely could have started out a lot better in so many ways.

Profile picture for rh48hr
rh48hr
•

So sad. Even though I wasn't around in their prime, I'm a fan. Went to a concert when they had a reunion tour. RIP

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

“... Chuck Berry is still around at 89. Good clean living ...”

Probably more like good genes – he did seem like a very athletic dude with the way he would bend-down and walk while bent-down and playing the guitar.

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

Didn't see that coming w.r.t. Glen Frey – he seemed to be in good shape and did not look his age – he had a full head of hair and did not seem like an old-man – I actually thought he was younger that his age.

Profile picture for nemesisk7
nemesisk7
•

my man roger waters

Profile picture for twentyfive
twentyfive
•

Damn

Profile picture for vincemichaels
vincemichaels
•

Mr. Frey was a local who struck it big in LALAland. RIP Glenn.

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

Until I read his bio last night, I had totally forgot he was from Michigan. Detroit certainly has produced their share of great artists.

I kind of took The Eagles for granted. I was in junior high and high school during their prime and they were such a constant fixture on the radio, I didn't really appreciate them.

Profile picture for rockstar666
rockstar666
•

It's a bitch to die around the same time as Lemmy and Bowie. Hopefully when I die I won't have any competition.

Profile picture for warhawks
warhawks
•

There's your three though... Lemmy, Bowie and Frey. Weird how it seems to happen in threes.

Profile picture for londonguy
londonguy
•

Not a good way to start the day when I read this first thing this morning. I have always liked the Eagles though their recent stuff isn't a patch on their material when they were in their prime. Great musicians, great songs.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement