tuscl

Attention All Musicians in Your 60's: 2016 Is Not Your Year

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Damn another good one gone.

Glenn Frey
https://www.yahoo.com/music/glenn-frey-e…

Strangely I never cared for the Eagles, but loves Don Henley and Glenn Frey's solo work.

14 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    What's great is Chuck Berry is still around at 89. Good clean living
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Yes, awesome Chuck Berry is still going strong, unfortunately Yoko Ono is too.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Oh, no!
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    2016 definitely could have started out a lot better in so many ways.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    So sad. Even though I wasn't around in their prime, I'm a fan. Went to a concert when they had a reunion tour. RIP
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... Chuck Berry is still around at 89. Good clean living ...”

Probably more like good genes – he did seem like a very athletic dude with the way he would bend-down and walk while bent-down and playing the guitar.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Didn't see that coming w.r.t. Glen Frey – he seemed to be in good shape and did not look his age – he had a full head of hair and did not seem like an old-man – I actually thought he was younger that his age.
  • nemesisk7
    9 years ago
    my man roger waters
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Damn
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Mr. Frey was a local who struck it big in LALAland. RIP Glenn.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Until I read his bio last night, I had totally forgot he was from Michigan. Detroit certainly has produced their share of great artists.

I kind of took The Eagles for granted. I was in junior high and high school during their prime and they were such a constant fixture on the radio, I didn't really appreciate them.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    It's a bitch to die around the same time as Lemmy and Bowie. Hopefully when I die I won't have any competition.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    There's your three though... Lemmy, Bowie and Frey. Weird how it seems to happen in threes.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Not a good way to start the day when I read this first thing this morning. I have always liked the Eagles though their recent stuff isn't a patch on their material when they were in their prime. Great musicians, great songs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion