tuscl

Ex-strippers awarded $250,000 in wage suit against Tiffany’s Cabaret

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/a…

Jury awarded half the amount. Judge doubled it.
Why ?
(Hint: Judge is damn right)

6 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Guess that cover charge and VIP tax is going to go up
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    What,where why,when.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I read the other day strippers have a class action lawsuit against the platinum plus chain claiming they should receive at least minimum wage. Strippers complained about making 350 or so and then had to pay out like 150 in tips and fees or something like that. A number of dancers had to get money out of club ATMs to pay the fees so they essentially paid money to work those nights. I was wondering why the club was allowing so many dancers work who didn't look like they should be. too fat, not pretty, etc, or just too many dancers per customer. I understand now that the club has former disgruntled employees. I think former club employees are shooting themselves if they are saying things now when their court case isn't going to get heard for up to a year. The club could be shut down and management could declare bankruptcy or something. cases dismissed for all those claiming they weren't paid. I don't know.
  • rogertex
    9 years ago
    Link in original post is pasted here:

www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/…

Judge doubled the fine as punishment to the club.
    For hiring cows instead of dancers.
    Ripping off us gullible customers.

The clubs fine now. No cows. Only beautiful dancers.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    It sounds like some club management has been listening to 20 year old advise in multiple chains. I guess this means strippers may become hotter or more determined to hook up with regulars. I see it as a net loss to some dancers because if the club thinks they are questionable but actually several guys like the dancer, she may not be allowed to work.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Problem is is that dancers usually are considered as independent contractors and therefore exempt from minimum wage policies. If they had to pay to dance they most likely weren't actually employees. Most clubs don't want the dancers actually as employees because then they also have to deal with taxes & benifts, and as contractors they don't have to have a reason to fire them, they just can.

Thing is, if they were actually any good they would be making way more than minimum wage.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion