tuscl

New Atlanta strip club replaces the former Crazy Horse Saloon.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, March 13, 2015 8:21 AM
Have you heard about the latest addition to the strip club capital? It's called Rumors and, from the sounds of it, there may be nothing like it in Atlanta. Located at 3950 Jonesboro Road in Forest Park, Rumors is one of two adult entertainment clubs due to open on the Southside this year. Rumors — which opened for business this week with regular hours from 11 a.m. to 3:30 a.m., Monday through Friday — is the former home of adult entertainment venue Crazy Horse, located there from 1993 to 2012. Rumors' general manager, David Rashmir, previously ran that club. Amenities include a full kitchen, cigar room with onsite humidor, and, of course, a champagne room. But this isn't just another "upscale" strip club. No sir. Rumors also provides "various types of entertainment," according to the club's press release. Exotic dancing may be the club's bread and butter, but the website also advertises an all-female band, "female DJ's," "female aerialists," and, yes yes y'all, "female mimes." Unfortunately, the site doesn't elaborate beyond that. Which leaves us with more questions. Like, are we talking Marcel Marceau lap dances in this piece or what? Apparently, the club is also seeking female servers, cooks, bartenders, and karaoke singers. Talk about doing somethin' strange for some change. Alas, Rumors ain't all fun and games. Peep this takeaway on tipping from the website's etiquette page: Tipping: These women work for tips and tips alone. Knowing that, do not come into a strip club with barely enough money to cover a round of drinks. Do not look repeatedly at a dancer performing without tipping her, and do not, under any circumstance, sit at stageside seating without a pocket full of dollars. How much will you need for a night? If you're an average drinker, figure at least $20 an hour for a drink or two and stage tipping. Lap dances are $5, so account for that too if you think you'll find the woman of your dreams, which you will, so add it in now. In other words, come correct or don't come at all. No word, however, on whether or how those tips get split at the end of the night. If it's anything like the norm at Atlanta's adult entertainment venues, we have a good idea what to expect. So, what do y'all think? Wanna go see some mimes? And by y'all, I totally mean you, Wesley What What. For more information on career opportunities, email the club at [view link] or visit [view link]. Not mentioned is the fact that there will be no private rooms for dances.

23 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Rumors web site: [view link]
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Follies remaining days are numbered apparently.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    JS69 - It will be the closest strip club to my house and only half the distance to Follies but with no VIP rooms they will have to offering OTC to get my business. I did just submit the club for listing and I may stop in there on the way home from Follies tomorrow.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Will your granddaughters be dancing there?
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    John you are just a plain no class ass hole. No wonder Avalon finally wised up and dumped your useless ass.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Nothing but love for ya John.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Johny Shadowcat,you make me laugh.What the fuck is a retrograde ejaculation anyway?
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Shadowcrap,no she didn't give me the heave.There's a whale in town,she's telling him the same bs she tells you.Look,she and I are in the same trade,but she knows where her bread is buttered.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Not my type of club per se (I like a simpler strip club without the extra attractions) but I know that I will check it out soon.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    So Crazy Horse became Rumors. Here in Pompano, FL a failed club original called The Pink Pony just reopened last Thursday with the new name Crazy Horse. And they appear to be going for the stripclub/nightclub theme. Like this Rumors club is trying to be different. From another board the early results are disappointing.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    sflguy123 - to make it real interesting go to [view link], the Galardi Corp. website. They are going to reopen the Pink Pony South as The Crazy Horse.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    A club that recommends NOT using its own ATM? I'm starting to like the place already! The lap dance prices are excellent and the food prices like reasonable, too. *sigh* Really makes me wish I didn't live in Bumfuck, North Dakota.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    From the pix on the website both the club and girls like nice. Very small stage that wouldn't give enough room for any real energetic performances.
  • LeeH
    9 years ago
    Even though I agree with and observe all the "tipping" stuff, any club that tells me how to spend my money ain't gonna see a penny of it.
  • CLUB RULES: No Guns or Weapons of Any Kind No Condoms No Drugs of Any Kind No Eyedrops No Phillies or Blunts No Touching Dancers No Laser Pointers or Flashlights No Sexual Stimulants. ..no eyedrops? Can someone fill me in on why those would be banned?
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I wonder if they feel that some liquid drugs could be brought into the club in eye droppers.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I have heard so many complaints about it taking so long to get a new club listed but I got this one done in under 12 hours and then yesterday followed it up with an update on club features and the first review. Unfortunately most of us are not going to like it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… no eyedrops? Can someone fill me in on why those would be banned …” I assume they think you may have something in the drops to drug the girls?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I like strip clubs to be strip clubs; when they start adding a bunch of periphery stuff/services it starts to become less and less of a strip club – IMO. I go to strip clubs for the strippers and to enjoy *them*; not fucking “female mimes.” – is sounds like this place will be ultra-low mileage and thus why all the side shows.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    With the super cheap LDs, I'm not sure how they intend to attract (or at least keep) quality talent. They seem to want to promote a party atmosphere. That seeks most ideal for places that are focused mostly on selling drinks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “…With the super cheap LDs, I'm not sure how they intend to attract (or at least keep) quality talent …” I’m not an ATLer but in my limited ATL experience it seems ATL is a bit of a different SC animal – I don’t think or know of a club that has dances for more than $10 (not counting VIP) – so there is not that big of a disparity in dance prices (and per dance income) amongst the different clubs so a $5 air dance is not necessarily “super cheap” if you can get a 2-way contact $10 dance someplace else.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    That $5 table dances in the news article was totally inaccurate. I corrected it to the real price of $10 on the clubs page.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Ah. I wonder if that was intentionally wrong in the press release or something that got changed in talks with the dancers hired
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion