tuscl

Since when is a 6' 2" size 12 woman fat

Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:12 AM
Have you all noticed the big deal SI is making about choosing a "plus size" model for the cover. She is 6' 2" tall and a size 12! If she had a smaller dress size she would be a skeleton. The media (and government BMI standards) show a 6' 1" male 40 year old should Ideally weigh 160 lbs with 170 lbs over weight and 190 lbs is obese. I had a friend that weighed between 160 and 170 lbs his entire life and had pipe cleaner arms, Now the government is talking about charging you a surcharge tax if you are not in your assigned gov't BMI range. The next thing we know the government will be issuing crack pipes to elementary school kids to quiet them from complaining about being still hungry after the school lunch the consisted of a carrot stick, slice of apple and 4 raw kidney beans. The day a doctor mentions BMI to me I will tell I have not weighed that since I was 12 and ask him if he can still bench press his own weight at 60 years old.

7 comments

• TheProphetJuice
    9 years ago
    The LORD mane sayeth that it is not so. The LORD mane loveth all of us howsoever we art thy prophet is 300 pounds and has the holy sausage fingers
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    compared to a 6-1 VS model....
  • LeeH
    9 years ago
    This is hardly the site to point out the idiocy of societal standards of what constitutes "fat". :)
  • Longball300
    9 years ago
    She's fat.............
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    A set standard to calculate body fat based on weight can be not that accurate in my opinion if you have a lot of muscle mass and larger bones or legs than normal for your body. Maybe if I hadn't routinely gone up and down 6 stories in a matter of seconds in my dorm building in college or didn't at one time bicycle 18 to 30 some miles a day in only an hour or two a few days a week, then my bmi would be more accurate. I do not like the government or corporations informing you that you are unhealthy because some standard number doesn't match up to their healthy category.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I congratulate SI on still being able to drum up coverage for the swimsuit issue which I stopped caring about like 30 years ago. If it's plus size, blind, armless, or a transgender albino whatever sells.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    A guy I knew in basic training was about 5'10" and 200 pounds. According to his BMI, which the Air Force tried to follow religiously, he should've been booted out of the service, but considering the guy was a serious body builder and he probably had his body fat was less that 4%, he wound up getting a waiver.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion