tuscl

Request: ability to search discussions, articles and reviews

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I've been here for awhile, do I hold enough weight to make such a wild request?

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to search old discussions and articles. Just imagine the wealth of information you could find if you could do a search?

Going to Vegas and want to search the discussions section for advice? That would be great! Put it in motion founder! Get the computer nerds on this asap! Lol

5 comments

• zipman68
    10 years ago
    @shailynn -- founder does have a search box or you could simply search google with:

site:www.tuscl.net Las Vegas

(that is what the search box does) Note the search described above returns the LV clubs as the top hits, but you could try modifying search terms.

That said, I'm dubious that you'll get many hints that you couldn't get just by reading club reviews. Details change rapidly in the SC world.

The upshot of this is that a two year old post saying Bella at the Spearmint Rhino will break down and give you a BBBJCIMNQNSQWERTYUIOP for free if you play Katy Perry on the jukebox is probably inaccurate. After all, the Bella you meet is probably a different chick. Plus, it was probably a joke when it was posted.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Correct, I was mainly talking about discussions. I knew the search was there but it's (to me) a garbled mess in Google.

I know some messages boards where your search can get very specific. For example you can search the word or group of words soley in the title or the body of the text, something like that would be nice.

For example say I'm going to houston and want to check out the clubs. So many clubs in Houston it would take me a week just to skim the reviews for advice, but if I could search the discussions with the keyword "houston" and only have the results from the past "year" that info could be pretty useful if someone posted some good advice in the discussions or even an article.

Another example I posted an article about visiting detroit for the first time that could be vital to someone making that trip... But nobody will ever find that shit because it's buried below 30 articles thst have been written since then.
  • chessmaster
    10 years ago
    a search by date posted function would be useful.
  • chessmaster
    10 years ago
    now im thinking about it, do dougster and juice scroll all the way back however many pages when they revive their favorite topics?
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    1. Yes, better searching!! This will encourage more people to continue existing threads, instead of just starting new ones. This will improve the quality of the board. Too many new threads now, about essentially the same things.

2. Also a way to browse Articles by date of last post, just as it is now for discussions. Articles are supposed to pertain to things of longer term interest. Right now I feel that Articles are getting short shrifted.

3. Way to get to your own profile in one click. Need this to get to my own posts, so I can see if there are any responses. RIght now I usually go to Messages and then open a message and then click on my own user name.

4. Easy way to get a link for a specific post on a thread. Many message boards have this. Right now if I want this, I usually have to do View Source and get the anchor tag # and then amend it to the thread URL. Letting people do this more easily will encourage people to be more referential and this will improve the quality of the board. I find that people already know each other quite well, and people speak freely from one thread to another as they know the parties they are speaking to. But being able to easily reference specific posts will improve this all the more. :)

SJG

Rolling Stones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE7Vl5ea…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion