tuscl

Strip Club with no music?

Monday, January 5, 2015 2:29 PM
Stoped in at a local club that's been reopened only a little over a month after a fire only to find that there was no music. They only have a DJ on the weekends and during the week they use a jukebox. Apearantly the owner didn't pay the user fee for the jukebox and has no plans to do so. One dancer that I've gotten a few dances from asked if I'd like a dance when I asked about the non-music situation she told me she'd use her phone. I thought she meant through the club's sound system but she just lays her phone down in the LD are while it's playing music lol. Ok she got me with that one but when I said one dance was enough she gets mad and starts telling me all about how I always get a couple dance together each time. I informed her that I misunderstood about the using her phone thing and she starts telling me how the customers should cover the user fee for the jukebox while getting more and more upset at me. Now I don't think the customers should be responsible for keeping the bar bills paid over the amount that we spend on drinks and services at the bar. When I explain this to her she gets really mad and says the jukebox is there for the customers benefit. Now I've heard some astounding crap come out of dancer's mouths before but come on. I tell her how about the dancers paying the bill sense in essence it's what they use to dace during the week same as her heals and g string and walked out. Anyone on here think the customers should be responsible for the jukebox fee?

17 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    1) no music is pretty bad – but could be worse – I guess music and no strippers would be worse 2) there are two things about dancers – 1) they are women; 2) they are strippers – i.e. no way one can successfully use logic w/ them given those 2 conditions
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah – I’ve been in places w/ jukeboxes (although they seem to be less and less) where dancers usually put $$$ in or ask the custies. I don’t quite understand this – isn’t there a way a club can play music for free by owning a jukebox or some other kind of music machine?
  • Daniel964
    9 years ago
    The jukeboxes around here are hooked up to the Internet and you can pretty much play anything you want on it. The way I understand it the bar splits the money from the jukebox with the company that owns it the same as with pool tables but they have to pay a monthly subscription to the Internet company or whoever the get the music. Basically like the XM radio in my car. So you basically get millions of song options for the monthly subscription. Instead of the 100 or so that you get with a regular jukebox . But you still have to pay the bill or the music company cuts you off.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I wonder how much that monthly subscription would cost – damn it can’t cost that much especially since the internet often make things much cheaper and efficient.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Seems to me it would be much cheaper for the club to buy a used stereo system and just download a crapload of songs free from the internet and use that. No copyright issues I assume if you download from the internet and use in your club. I don't get it. A couple of thumb drives full of free songs and you're good to go.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ IDK – if it’s a business making $$$ while using the music; you’d think they’d be liable for some form of payment; but then again I don’t think DJs pay anyone when they play their shit (or maybe they bought the shit/music?).
  • deogol
    9 years ago
  • Daniel964
    9 years ago
    Hmm I wonder if they still make those big "boom boxes" from the 80's? I could buy one and lease it's use to the dancers. Take payment in the form of LD's and extras. They'd get their music I'd get what I wanted and save money. Sounds like a win win situation to me lol.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Maybe we should all just take our IPODs to da club and that way we don’t need the stinking/annoying DJ anyway.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Wow deogol thanks !!! Here's what BMI sez about it: "When you buy an audio file, software, or CD, even those specifically marketed for business purposes, the purchase price covers only your private listening use, regardless of how they are labeled. Once you decide to play any copyrighted music publicly, you need permission from the copyright owners." No shit? Wow, I had no idea you can't play stuff publicly. I assume it happens all the time, but with a business they need to be careful.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    So I guess all strip clubs that play music publicly have to contract thru some service that provides the permissions? Wow. What a pain.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Maybe we should ask StripClubHound.....
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    You can't just buy CD's and play them in your business, you have to also pay a performance fee. It's been a long time, but I remember the fee's being somewhere in the $15/seat/year range. Or, for the most part you can play the radio for free. The TV channels with music might be a little cheaper than the outright licensing, I'm not sure. Depending on the arrangement, the DJ could be responsible for that those fee's. Again, in my limited experience DJ's that do events pay that way but house DJ's expect the house to pay. I think I'd be perfectly fine using my phone for "songs" to be used for lap dances. At least the songs wouldn't be cut at 2 minutes & I'd know when one stops and another starts. I suppose it could get a little annoying with 5 different phones in the lap dance area all playing different songs. I think mons still has a jukebox, and I'm pretty sure they make the girls pay for it. If you're there for a while you'll hear it go quiet periodically, and its followed by someone on the mic telling the girls to go on stage, which basically means feed the jukebox.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    wow, I had no clue....so there are companies out there who sell clubs and other businesses the music plus the rights? Kind of like Muzak I guess, if they're even still around. I had forgotten about them....the kind of stuff you hear in department stores. I guess there must be a strip club version of Muzak.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Maybe the club's name is "Hooters for the Hearing Impaired"?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I remember once I was in a dump a strip club in BFE Pennsylvania and in the VIP room (3 crappy couches covered with a black sheet) the music was played on a little boom box with a CD player and the song kept skipping. I thought for sure this was a prime place for extras but no such luck!
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Have a friend who tend bar at a regular bar and he has told me that the only time the company turns off the jukebox is if they find that someone has tampered with it
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion