tuscl

Life Lessons/Advice

jerikson40
New York
Saturday, December 27, 2014 5:55 PM
As we wind down to the end of another year, I thought it might be interesting for us to share some life lessons we've learned over the years. Sort of an advice sharing session where the older guys can share some stuff with the younger guys. What the fuck, might as well, huh? Lets limit it to the top 5 life lessons we want to share. I'll start: 1. Never get married. It's sad to say, but I think the vast majority of people, both male and female, are totally unqualified to be married. We're too selfish, we do it for the wrong reasons, and we just don't have what it takes. Yeah, there are some out there who are very special people and can make it work. For them I have the utmost respect. But in the end, there's a reason why 50% of marriages fail. And for a man especially, the fucking you get just ain't worth the fucking you get. Just say no. 2. Never rely on anyone else for your happiness. Again, sad to say, but the key to happiness is within yourself. If you expect it from others, you'll be disappointed. So learn to be happy on your own. 3. Choose to be happy. Maybe it seems counter-intuitive at times, but the key to happiness is if you CHOOSE to be happy. Happiness is in your mind, and you can control it. If life fucks you over, you can choose to be happy about. Sounds crazy, but happiness is only a state of mind. Find reasons to be happy no matter what's going on around you. 4. Just do it. Nike's ad was one of the best pieces of advice out there. Just do it. Don't be afraid of anything you want to do or dream of doing. Just do it. JUST FUCKING DO IT !!! Don't sit on your ass and worry, get off your ass and do it. Start with small steps, make a plan, and execute. You'll fail, it will be difficult, but just keep at it. 5. Learn how others perceive you. Unfortunately, nobody ever sees the real you. They perceive you based on their own biases and ignorance and beliefs. Someone once said, "people never grow up, they just learn how to behave in public". In fact, most people act like fucking 6 year olds, and have childish biases and ignorance and beliefs. And also unfortunately, you often need to play to some of that if you want to get along with them. If nothing else, learning how others perceive you will give you some information about yourself, even if you don't act on it. Do you smile? Do you "act" attractive to women? All that stuff is important. Women are looking for a certain type of guy, and if you don't appear or act the way they want, you might lose someone who otherwise you'd have a great relationship with. Same as how men are looking for certain things in women. Get a friend and ask them to evaluate you. Learn about yourself and how others see you.

9 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Actually TUSCL is dominated by people who the last thing I want to hear from is their life advice. (And I'm sure they feel likewise from me.) Your about the top of the list too, jerkoffson. (A couple of exceptions to that rule but they know who they are.)
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Jerikson, good to have you back from exile. I was getting tired of giving shit to SJG. His car washing and motorhome ideas were funny for a while, but nothing can compare to stuff like .48 cent lap dances.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Here's some feedback for you, jetkoffson- #1- don't worry...no woman would ever want to marry you. I doubt that you would even be able to find one willing to stay in the sane room with you for more than 5 minutes. #2-you are a sad, bitter old man who wouldn't know happiness if it came up and bit you on the ass. #3-see #2 above. #4- no, you don't appear to do anything except sit on your ass and complain about EVERYTHING. #5-this one had me ROTFLMAO. Look in the fucking mirror and take your own advice. Why not ask all of us TUSCL posters how YOU are viewed? Doctor heal thyself.
  • warhawks
    10 years ago
    Wow... Tough crowd. Where's juice when you need him to lighten the mood? lol.
  • IanSmith
    10 years ago
    Here's mine 1. Marry early and marry often. The more children the better. 2. Always stay hungry. Even after you’ve made your fortune don’t sit on your arse and get fat. Never act or live like you have money to waste. 3. Never trust anyone. 4. All government is evil and human beings are sick, vile fucks. 5. If you want a friend get a dog.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Here are mine: 1) Having practiced divorce law for 32 years men are fucking whiny crybabies. Everyone gets screwed in a divorce, yet 90% of the whiny bitches are men. Women are way tougher. 2) Being happily married is easy if you treat your wife the same way you did when you pursued her. Most men will wash their car by hand for 4 hours, but whine like a bitch if asked to do the dishes which takes 10 minutes. 3) 95% of al arguments with your spouse or g/f can be avoided if you follow this simple rule: "everything that is said, no matter how fucking stupid, doesn't require a response". 4) Pay yourself first like a mortgage - that way if you feel like taking a year off from work you can.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Skibum, I'm speechless at your bias towards women. Kind of like the PL's here who have their noses so deep up the butts of the dancers that they are sniveling, groveling little bitches. Certainly it takes two to tango, and both parties are often responsible for marriage problems. But your constant bias against men, and proposing that they are usually the problem, is just cause for everyone to dismiss your views as ridiculous. Your item #2, about treating your wife the same was as when you pursued her, while absolutely true, applies both ways. To imply that women in general are always treating their husbands well throughout the marriage and therefore not responsible for marital problems is absolutely fucking ludicrous. But, then again, you're a lawyer, so what should we expect. However, I do agree with your item #3. And I find that to be surprisingly insightful for a fucking moron like you.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    This article is just a baiting/trolling. By our age, one should have figured it out already. I guess Jerigson is one clueless...
  • LenaSmirnova
    10 years ago
    i think the best piece in this thread is still the OP.i only disagree with point one-never marry,but then stay happy,dynamic and introspectful…ermm…nevermarrying is a bit sad…its okay to live and lose and gain and lose,its the ebbs and flows of life.just get a pre nup,hang a funny poster in the kitchen that goes something like 'dont be selfish or you die alone' then have kids,go on holidays and have lots of pets and its gonna be ok…or is it??? oh well fuck it,lets not over-think it.human life is always fucked this way or another,not everybody will admit,its all about the rough balance and hope and positive thinking.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion