tuscl

Example of a driver high of drugs?

Monday, February 21, 2005 7:45 PM
Someone who weaves from left to right a bit in the road. Then they closely follow all cars that happen to pass him. He follows very closely behind and beside them alternating. So close that it makes all other drivers nervous until they slow down and someone else passes them all and the cycle starts over for the next unlucky driver who passed this guy. Just what kind of drug do you think this guy might have been on?

7 comments

• kitana007
    19 years ago
    No casual, she wasen't a cop. She was just lost. Kitana
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    It's nice to hear of some nice folks out there helping people in spite of all the dangerous people out there. That was nice helping the old lady and her family would probably like to thank you if they knew. Many older folks have trouble seeing at night and may be on medication for arthritis etc. so being out at night is probably dangerous for them without any other trouble. I'm glad to hear your stories turned out all right. Did someone pull a gun on the police? If that happened the police must have been nice to let everything go.
  • Wildrose
    19 years ago
    It is seriously dangerous out there. What a story. That was real nice of you to do that. I remember once I was driving home from work one night and made the turn into the complex where I lived and my lights flashed right into a woman's eyes who was trying to walk home. She was swaying for some time and finally fell to the ground. I was like "oh my gosh". I got out my truck and went over to her. She was an older lady. I reached out for her hand and talked to her asking how she was and if she was okay. Not that she could really answer but I picked her up off the ground and she asked if I could take her home. I told her to tell me where she lived. Evidentally, she lived in the same complex. She knew where she was, she was just having a hard time getting there. She handed me her keys cause she couldn't get her own door open. I opened her door, sat her down on her sofa, asked if she would be okay and told her that her keys were on her table and walked on home. I felt bad for knocking her out with my lights. It put her into a dizzy spell. She was on something. But I was glad it happened with a person who cared enough to go the extra mile and not take advantage of a woman.
  • kitana007
    19 years ago
    Sounds like he was drunk. That happened to me once last summer after a bier stube. Good thing I had my cell and my gun. I pulled over at the weigh station between work and my house; the car behind me pulled over too. I had already called the cops and told them what was going on. They got out of the car and started walking towards my car. I got out of the car and (I know I know Bad move but...)pointed the gun at them and told them I would blow their f**kin head into bits if they got closer. LOL long story short, it was a drunk chick who lost her friends. She thought I was the people she was supposta be following home. I actually asked her for her address and let her follow me back to her place. I feel really bad now, but at the time...whew! Kitana
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Thanks for the answer. It's situations like that (although extremely rare for me to see), that makes me wish I wasn't behind the times and had a cell phone to alert the police to a drunk or high driver. Following that closely is dangerous and apparently makes all the other drivers nervous late at night. I could easily imagine a female driver getting extremely nervous that the guy could be a stalker driving like that too. I know of a few people who would probably floor the accelerator to get away from people like that. He must have been too drunk to even be concerned that someone might call the police on him. Of course if the police wanted me to stop as well in that guy's presence, I wouldn't want to. I started to believe this guy wasn't drunk but psycho or high on drugs or something. Hope I never see him again.
  • Wildrose
    19 years ago
    They stay behind a car to help them stay in focus. The car ahead of them helps him to concentrate on the road and the speed. As long as he is behind someone he feels he can get home safely without going over the speed limit or getting into a wreck. Following the lights on the car ahead also keeps him from weaving too far off the road. So, being that this is his safe guard to arrival at destination unhurt and undamaged, no matter how many mph the car ahead slows, he maintains staying behind where it is safe. He knows he's far beyond himself to be a safe driver at that time. This is his only crutch home while he's lost his mind. The worst that could happen in this situation is a wreck that could cost the life/handicap of himself or another. So in the mind of the problem driver, in having no other way to get home, this is his safest bet. It's easiest for this problem driver, in his inibriated state, to follow someone else's tail light. Although, the absolute best method for him is to find another way home.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Note: The "drugged driver" in question wouldn't pass even if the car in front slowed down a whole 10 or 15 mph. He would just tail the other driver about 2 ft behind their vehicle and then pull up within a foot or so in the other lane but not pass before returning to a prior position. One car would speed up to get away and then this "drugged driver" would do the same but not pass but get back within 2 feet. I'm just wondering what would cause someone to do this.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion