tuscl

MAL Entertainment

Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:24 AM
This is a chain that owns 12 clubs in and around Charlotte NC....they run some of mg favorite clubs witch has $5great2way contact......was wondering if this is just a southeastern chain ? Also wanted to know what other people thought about this chain and its clubs ?

5 comments

• rickdugan
    10 years ago
    MAL means 'bad" or "wrong" in Spanish and in my experience it is appropriate for that chain. I've been in at least 6 of their clubs and I find them to have the same weird, depressive vibe. I don't really know how to properly describe it, but they have somehow managed to make dive bars feel corporate - it is the worst of all worlds. Though having said all that, I don't think that they have a stranglehold over Charlotte anymore, like they used to not so many years ago. It has been a few years since I clubbed in Charlotte, but it seems that MAL is down to 5 clubs there now and that a number of the clubs are owned by others. I know that Twin Peeks was demolished, but MAL must have sold some of the other clubs. Probably has something to do with the fact that MAL's owner no longer has a dirty politician (who was recently sentenced) to pay off to help him keep other club owners out.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Kool info rick..i on the other hand am currently partitioning MAL clubs..they have bought the Crazy hourse in hickory Nc and in Charlotte NC...they also own the Leathers n Lace in Gastonia NC and Charlotte NC..the membership cards they gave me shows 12 clubs in ownership I agree they have given the dive bar a chain feel...does seam odd lol I fucken love the methed out trailer white trash it brings n as dancers $5 dances is s budget savour Otc extras $100 playoff games
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    RickyBoy: " I've been in at least 6 of their clubs and I find them to have the same weird, depressive vibe." Sounds like the perfect place to put on the white three-piece polyester suit and run The System.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Lol !
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Just the idea of a chain like that suggests to me that it could be another Deja Vu, i.e. a think tank for setting up clip joints, places which offer more expensive fantasy than fulfillment. Is it? SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion