tuscl

Minneappolis 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A woman was shot and killed early Saturday in a downtown Minneapolis strip club, Minneapolis police said.

Officers were called about 1:10 a.m. to Augie’s, at 424 Hennepin Av. S., in the heart of downtown, on a report of a shooting. The woman was found dead inside, police added.

“This doesn’t not appear to be a random incident, and there is no one in custody,” a statement from police said, adding that numerous witnesses were interviewed and evidence collected.

Minneapolis police say the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office will release the identity as well as the cause of death.

Augie’s has a metal detector, along with high-definition security cameras, according to a Star Tribune story earlier this year, written after a shooting at 400 Soundbar in August.

In March 2013, a patron was shot in the leg at Augie’s as he left the restroom.

9 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    Be on the look out for a tan Ciera.

Ya. You betcha.
  • Experimental
    10 years ago
    I have no idea how common it is, but this 2 am'er involved a chick capping another chick.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneap…
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    I was in Minneapolis in June and in July and it seemed like a nice town. I would expect this more from Cleveland Detroit or Chicago.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    What was the motive? revenge?
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Jestrite, normally Minneapolis is a lot more laid back than this, but, sadly, it does happen. Y'know, I don't think I'll be stopping by Augie's Doggies next time I'm in the Twin Cities.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Hopefully Prince is safe.
  • StPaul101
    10 years ago
    I just did a review on Augies a week or so ago and as the article says they do have some good security and a lot of cameras. I wonder if this was some stripper on stripper issues, a new level of SS I guess?

• DandyDan
    10 years ago
    First of all, Prince lives in the suburbs. My cousin, who grew up about 10 minutes away, drove past his house once out of morbid curiousity and it's all purple. Secondly, my last solo trip to the Twin Cities took me there and this is basically the black strip club of Minneapolis, but I didn't feel all awkward being in there as basically the only white dude. It's too bad they have to resort to shooting each other, though.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    When I first became aware of Prince in the early 80's I thought he was gonna be huge. I thought there would never be another Jimi Hendrix, but this guy gave me hope. But it never really fully happened.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion