tuscl

Semi-OT: Strip Club Owner at White House Medal of Honor Ceremony

Cheo_D
I'd better be where I can Look AND Touch
I don't think I saw this mentioned on TUSCL when it happened, and was reminded of it by a recent visit.

The Cheetah of South Florida strip clubs are characterized by having somewhere in the club a veterans' shrine, flying the US and POW/MIA flags, and every November having a combined bash for Veterans's Day/Marine Corps Anniversary.

Mr. Rodriguez, the owner (and a fellow Boricua), is a vet himself. BUT on top of that, he turns out to be the surviving next-of-kin of a fallen hero who was propery recognized only decades after the fact. So... guess who was on the phone to the strip club owner last March with the news:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/17/39…

Yep, the Office of the CinC was calling Cheetah of Hallandale Beach. Man, you just know that when the IG did the audits of the phone bills for that quarter they found a whole lot of supporting documentation stapled to that page. And that Michelle was advised of this well ahead of time and probably sat there during the call just so she could see it was on the up and up ;)

I liked this part:

"In a subsequent call to spare everybody the embarrassment he mentioned his business to an Army liaison named Samantha Youngblood, who called to help coordinate his part of the ceremony.

"'You do know what I do for a living?' he said he told her. 'I have strip clubs.'

"To which she replied, it made no difference.

"Youngblood declined to answer a question from the Miami Herald about the exchange. 'It absolutely does not matter; it's not important to us at all,' said Troy Rolan Sr., a civilian Army spokesman, from the Pentagon on Friday. 'It has nothing to do with the award.'"

Y'see, that's called having grownups in charge. We're honoring someone for getting killed stopping an enemy batallion, we're not going to get all hung up on tits at his next-of-kin's bar.

After the award was delivered at the White House and Mr. Rodriguez, of course, got the clip and posted the appropriate segment up on youtube from Cheetah's Google+ account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EK1sy7r…

(Ya think Bill Clinton would have probably insisted on presenting the decoration personally at Mr. Rodriguez's office? During regular club hours?)

3 comments

• zipman68
    10 years ago
    I'm sure Rodriguez let's Bill come by on the DL. Sneak in through the back and pick a couple of hotties out. But not during regular club hours. Why should Bill club with us hoi polloi?
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    'cept LMN. Bill probably clubs with LMN 'cos LMN is so frickin' rich.
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago
    Y'know, if we caught a glimpse of the Big Dog getting into the limo by the side door of the club, we'd figure we've found the Mother Lode.

Of course we now know it's the Secret Service detail who really are into checking out the nightlife...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion