tuscl

Say it isn't so.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
PHOENIX -- Police have made three arrests while investigating allegations that a Phoenix strip club was operating as a house of prostitution.

Officers and SWAT members served search warrants at Club Lace and two homes early Wednesday as part of an investigation that began more than a year ago.

Police Sgt. Steve Martos said the club wasn't set up for dancing. Clients would pick the women and then go to one of the rooms inside the club near 28th Avenue and Indian School Road.

Investigators believed the business was making tens of thousands of dollars a month.

The investigation began after a customer called police about a year ago. The customer had visited the business thinking it was a strip club but found it was operating as a brothel instead.

10 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    I hope txtittyfan's daughter wasn't arrested!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "part of an investigation that began more than a year ago"

I'm sure we'll find out the undercover cops have been diligently "investigating" the club the whole time, lol
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    Club lace isn't a strip club, it's one of the many one-on-one jack joints in the greater Phx area. It's been around forever. Where they got into trouble was trying to present as a strip club instead of being a one on one joint. If they had kept the one-on-one presentation, the cops would have left them alone.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    As long as no one would have complained; it would have been all good.

What kind of a super-PL complains to the police about “hey they are having sex in there”.

Maybe Yoda was visiting Phoenix.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    No, they were advertising locally as being a strip club in an effort to get more people through the door instead of advertising as a sexually oriented adult business. On top of that, they over charge and under deliver. Club lace is known among us locals as being a ripoff, even as a jack joint.

Imagine being a non-local PL seeing an ad for a stripclub, going there only to discover that it's not a stripclub, and then get ripped off on top of that. No wonder somebody complained. Serves them right. There are way better place to go for a one-on-one experience.
  • azdd
    10 years ago
    I was chatting today with my ATF about how much mileage at her club (Hi Liter) has increased over the past few years. Just read the reviews and it's clear that this is an extras club. The concern I shared with her is that sooner or later there is a "correction", like a new wave of enforcement, etc. with the Super Bowl coming to Phoenix again next year, I expect the Phoenix PD and the Mayor will start looking to clamp down on the fun for awhile. This story about Club Lace might just be the beginning.....
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    Yep, at some point you become too high profile and Phx PD rolls in and performs a correction, though in the case of an actual strip club, at least in Phx, it's a simple matter of not renewing their business or liqueur license, no raids really required.
  • sexualchoc
    10 years ago
    It looks like the days of "extras" in this town may be winding down, better check with your ATF to see if things are still "ON"??!!
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    Itc extras in Phx are relatively rare. There are inky a few clubs where that reliably happens. Most of the fun is OTC.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion