tuscl

OT:Deter's Final Season

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:52 PM
Just had my family come back from the Yankees beating the Lamegels. Great game. I, for one, have nothing but respect for Jeter. Class, clutch, and leadership in the Big Apple. And this comes from a Dodgers Fan.

15 comments

• GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Slick, remember when Jigga said "I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them I jack, I rob, I sin Aww man, I'm Jackie Robinson 'Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen" WOW, fucking AMAZING wordplay!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Not to mention all the fine GFs he's had over the years!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @GV-Word is bond. From 42 to Koufax to Valenzuela to Nomo & Park, the Dodgers have been at it.
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    there are only two kings of new York-Derek jeter and Christopher walken
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Slick,got my flight,hotel and tickets for 9/22-9/25 against Baltimore to see my boy take his final bow at the stadium-EPIC.Then off to Boston to see how the Fenway Fags say adieu.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Fenway fags? Typical Yankees loser fan. Assuming Dice is just a child instead of an abject buffoon, this Red Sox fan will explain what will happen when Jeter comes to the plate in his last game in Fenway: He will get a spontaneous standing ovation from everyone that will be so long and so loud he will end up in tears at the plate. In the 78 one game playoff, we were crushed more by Pinella's catch in right, killing our comeback, than by Dent's home run, which only makes for better theater and which didn't end the game the way Pinella's catch in right killed us. We had third base box seats when he announced earlier in the day that this would be his last season. In the bottom of the first the entire stadium erupted for almost 10 minutes with a standing O. Jeter will get the same. In Boston we care about professional sports and we know whom among our opponents is worthy. Jeter is worthy and we will let him know. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, when asked on espn about Boston said: " There is no place I get treated better now than in Boston. Fans always come up to me and say thanks for being great because if I had not been great, the lakers celtic rivalry wouldn't have meant as much and they give me the credit I am due, unlike other places that don't care", Be well Mr. Jeter, when the Yankees fail to make the playoffs and you retire I can start cheering you.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I saw on TV when Boston had Ted Williams Day. The introduction listed his amazing feats and ended with ...."the last man to bat 400! The greatest batter that ever lived! ..Ted Williams!!!" Awesome. I am sad that The Great One, Roberto Clemente never got his day while he was alive.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Chill out Bum you sound just like the typical Masshole.I was up in Kennebunkport when your Sox won in '04(86 years LMFAO).How many championships do the Yankees have?Like your respect for Jeter,my respect for Big Papi is likewise. Bumski,this is where it gets better.I was also in Maine for Super Bowls XLII and XLVI.The first being the one where your boy Brady said to reporters,"Oh we're only gonna score 17 Points"(LMFAO).The second being where Brady's smoking hot wife said,"Well,he can't throw the ball and catch it too"(LMFAOROTF). What did Jackie Gleason used to say,"Oh how sweet it is".And remember,there would be no Belichick without a Parcells.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    The single most inane comment is "how many championships do the Yankees have? If you think the fact they were great in 1927 will make you feel better when they finish 4th this year you're in for a rude awakening. When I was a kid the Celtics won every year. The fact they won every single championship except 1966 that decade, as well as another 4 means zero to me right now in this what have you done for me lately world. The Yankees won more than the Sox eons ago when their financial resources and steroids made a difference.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    That's great about your Celtics Bumski.But I'm a white boy with a two inch vertical leap.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    What about Mariano Rivera
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Jeter is great. Too bad he can't really play shortstop. A-Rod would have been better there and Jeter should have gone to third.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Deter's Final Season" Just hope it's better than the final season of Dexter
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Let's not forget Jeter went to high school in Michigan. Kalamazoo Central. Despite all the Hollywood glamour girls he has dated, he is a humble Midwestern guy at heart.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I meant Jeter. Look, the Red Sox are doing good. So are the SF Giants. But just look at how many times both the Yankees & Dodgers faced off against one another in the Series. Da Bums were always second fiddle to the Pinstripes. Life's tough.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion