tuscl

bitmap image

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
When TUSCL lost all of our photos a short time ago one of my photos was a bitmap image. I used a scanner to get in onto my computer. Now I try to upload it again to "my photos", it tells me invalid photo. Anybody else experience this and know of a fix? Can Founder do a quick fix?

14 comments

• Longball300
    11 years ago
    Same issue here. Had uploaded pictures in the past as jpg's and they were under "My Photos". Now, they are gone although the last one I set as Primary still shows up with my handle.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    open it in mspaint, then save as and pick jpg from the type?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Dolfan - Thanks. That worked.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    Had a jpg as photo. had to re-upload it today.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    There is a file size limit for an uploaded image.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Carter looks like a keeper :)
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    mjx01 - She was until disappeared back in 2003. Unfortunately I heard last year that she later developed cervical cancer.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    shadow - that sucks (on both counts)... sorry to hear that
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I heard about some web site that keeps a log of all Internet sites and pages. Maybe they were associated with the NSA. I guess you could always ask them if you could get a copy of your pc back. I'm not sure what the site might have been. Maybe it's on your home pc somewhere.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    a copy of your pic not pc
  • TheNakedBachelor
    11 years ago
    Tried several times over the last month to add a .jpg for a profile pic with the same "Invalid Photo" error. Can't find anywhere here that stipulates size or ratio requirements. (Mine is 16:9 and 1.7Mb) Anyone know the specific reqs?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    1.7 is WAY past the limit as I recall.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I do not know the actual limit spec... All I know is I tried uploading a large file, got a nondescript error, reduced the file size and then it worked. I think I got the error with a 1.4 Mb file. Try something under 1.0 Mb.
  • TheNakedBachelor
    11 years ago
    Thanks mjx01 and Dolfan. Little trip to MSPaint fixed the size issue without reducing the quality.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion