Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

bitmap image

shadowcat
shadowcatVIP63065448

Atlanta suburb

12 yrs ago · 1 min read

When TUSCL lost all of our photos a short time ago one of my photos was a bitmap image. I used a scanner to get in onto my computer. Now I try to upload it again to "my photos", it tells me invalid photo. Anybody else experience this and know of a fix? Can Founder do a quick fix?

Replies (14)Latest

Profile picture for Longball300
Longball300
•

Same issue here. Had uploaded pictures in the past as jpg's and they were under "My Photos". Now, they are gone although the last one I set as Primary still shows up with my handle.

Profile picture for Dolfan
Dolfan
•

open it in mspaint, then save as and pick jpg from the type?

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

Dolfan - Thanks. That worked.

Profile picture for joker44
joker44
•

Had a jpg as photo. had to re-upload it today.

Profile picture for mjx01
mjx01
•

There is a file size limit for an uploaded image.

Profile picture for mjx01
mjx01
•

Carter looks like a keeper :)

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

mjx01 - She was until disappeared back in 2003. Unfortunately I heard last year that she later developed cervical cancer.

Profile picture for mjx01
mjx01
•

shadow - that sucks (on both counts)... sorry to hear that

Profile picture for sharkhunter
sharkhunter
•

I heard about some web site that keeps a log of all Internet sites and pages. Maybe they were associated with the NSA. I guess you could always ask them if you could get a copy of your pc back. I'm not sure what the site might have been. Maybe it's on your home pc somewhere.

Profile picture for sharkhunter
sharkhunter
•

a copy of your pic not pc

Profile picture for TheNakedBachelor
TheNakedBachelor
•

Tried several times over the last month to add a .jpg for a profile pic with the same "Invalid Photo" error. Can't find anywhere here that stipulates size or ratio requirements. (Mine is 16:9 and 1.7Mb) Anyone know the specific reqs?

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

1.7 is WAY past the limit as I recall.

Profile picture for mjx01
mjx01
•

I do not know the actual limit spec... All I know is I tried uploading a large file, got a nondescript error, reduced the file size and then it worked. I think I got the error with a 1.4 Mb file. Try something under 1.0 Mb.

Profile picture for TheNakedBachelor
TheNakedBachelor
•

Thanks mjx01 and Dolfan. Little trip to MSPaint fixed the size issue without reducing the quality.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement