tuscl

The Sinclair Diaries: Part 1

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
I haven't had a vacation since February. My job kept cancelling my&nbsp;vacation plans all summer. Finally I&nbsp;was able to get a few days off, so&nbsp;I decided to head to New Orleans for five nights. I plan on eating some good creole food, getting wasted, exploring the&nbsp;city,&nbsp;and of course hitting up some strip clubs.<br />
<br />
Everything has gone like clockwork so far.&nbsp;I took Southwest Airlines, and they are the best airline operating in the continental 48 states, mark it down. I got checked into a hotel downtown and it is&nbsp;more than I expected. I proceeded to go out to one of my regular hangouts in the French Quarter and got fuckin' wasted before it was even 5PM! It is too easy to get drunk here. There are tons of bars, you can drink in the streets, and every single store sells booze. I ended up stumbling back to my room and called it a night. Tomorrow I will try to drink in moderation and do some titty bar reconnaissance. More blogs to come.<br />

4 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    I used to go there. Go to Brennans for breakfast and Pat O'Brien's for lunch. However, stay away from that strip joint in the Quarter where that fake leg is swinging out the window-unless you want to tip every single stripper who comes out on stage, be she a little cutie, or a fat cow whose udders swing just above the floor.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Is it crowded?&nbsp;&nbsp; Or&nbsp;do the gulf oil&nbsp;spill fears have industry staff commenting about small crowds, etc.?&nbsp;&nbsp; Could be a real buyer's market!&nbsp;
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    CTQWERTY, crowds are some of the weakest I've seen in my times here. The oil spill definately hurt tourism. But also keep in mind it is still hot as hell and hurricane season. Usually late October through early May is the tourism season. The heat makes everything stink really bad; it is almost unbearable.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Dudestar, the place with the swinging legs was Big Daddys, a nasty dive. It went out of business and Rick's bought the building. It was remodelled and&nbsp;is now called Rick's Sporting Saloon, a hybrid strip club sports bar. From what I can tell RSS is like the minor leagues for the regular Rick's a block down. They did preserve the swinging legson the front of the building. I guess it was like a Bourbon Street landmark or something.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion