tuscl

Lansing, MI 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
LANSING — Two men were shot early today during a confrontation in a south Lansing strip club, police said.

The victims were shot in their legs during the incident at Centerfolds, 5910 S. Pennsylvania Ave.‚ and were treated for non-threatening injuries at a Lansing-area hospital, said Lansing police Sgt. Leith Curtis.

Police were dispatched at 12:45 a.m. following a report of the shooting. Curtis said it is not clear what led to the shooting, but said the assailant apparently knew at least one of the victims.

Curtis said police are now seeking the man who fired the shots. A description was not available, he said

8 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    Before Alucard posts...

I've been here. It's a club that borders the hood with a strong thug element. Escalades with 22" rims the vehicle of choice.

Banning guns and the NRA will have no effect. A gun ban is not going to stop the customers that come here from carrying.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Okay Aludolt,say you are driving your Ford Focus to your favorite Michigan dive bar.You are daydreaming about that young redheaded dancer and the next Star Trek movie and you slam into the back of a Escalade with 22" rims.The other driver gets out to ask if you are okay and as you reply with some stupid comment you notice that his eyes are growing larger.As he screams,"What did you say mother fucker", and points a 9mm at your oversized forehead are you or are you not wishing you had a weapon?
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Tumblingdude....that would not be an issue for Brother Alucard. Dude does pack...a phaser on stun 'cos dat be civilized.

Seriously though, a better tactic than resorting to a gunfight might be avoiding the thug clubs. Even if you are armed with a phaser.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Who shot first?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    ^^^^LDK.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Shadow- You should set up a counter like they do at places where they say its been xx days since last accident, but for 2AM'ers. The way they get posted it seems like it wouldn't make it a week.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Good idea Ime. :)
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Good thing these incidents don't happen in Washington DC. There the cops shoot and kill first, then they ask questions. I would hate to think what might have happened in DC if the so called terrorist woman with her kid in the back seat had a gun. Cops might have felt threatened if she had a gun.
    Actually maybe they would have approached with caution instead of shoot to kill first. Obviously she was described as being a terrorist and that story just died. I noticed from the video, the cops started shooting when the woman tried to escape as if her life was in danger. Banning guns among our police forces would save lives in many cases so I have to give Alucard that benefit.

Of course I think he argued the people shouldn't have guns, only the police and military. I saw in DC what happens when only the police have guns. It becomes shoot to kill first, ask questions later. If all else fails, they get labeled as a terrorist even when unarmed with a kid in the backseat. That could happen anywhere in this country now I believe where cops have an attitude to shoot first, no matter the consequences.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion