tuscl

Tijuana- any words of wisdom from tuscl's elder statemen?

knight_errant
New Jersey
Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:22 PM
Pondering a trip to Tijuana. Since I would be trekking from the East Coast, I'd probably stay a few days. Any suggestions/recommendations for where to stay - Tijuana or San Ysidro? Any tips (yes- I've read through the reviews for HK and Adelita's), but I was wondering who of the frequent posters here have been there, what you thought, and if you haven't gone, why not?

23 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    STAY out of Mexico if you value your life.
  • Dracula
    11 years ago
    Take a gun
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Be sure to have a passport, NEXUS, or 'enhanced' DL so you can get back into US.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I've said for a long time that I think going to Mexico is too risky. As of yet I guess I've mostly been wrong. That said I still think it's to volatile a place for me to visit. If I was going to go that far for paid sex I'd go across the pond or perhaps further south. Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived in southern california or elsewhere in the south west.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    There are better options.
  • friction_lover
    11 years ago
    I've pondered a trip to HK myself, gut feeling is not safe enough.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Parts of Tijuana can be deadly even for locals, and suicide for Gringos, so if you go - keep your head out of the cockpit and maintain situational awareness. First, I recommend you get a motel in the San Diego area (on the US side of the border) and commute for your visits to Adelita's and HK. If you drive or rent a car in San Diego, park at the border, walk across and get a cab at the cab stand just past the Mexican border station. It is possible to get a bus from several places in SD to the border and back, so there are alternatives to rental cars and cabs on the US side. Make very sure the Tijuana cabbie is taking you to HK/Adelita's. Take into Mexico only your passport/NEXUS and enough cash for your evening's entertainment (plus a stash - maybe in your shoe - for a cab back to the border). I also recommend you photocopy your passport and keep the copy in a plastic bag, maybe also in your shoe - just in case you get pick-pocketed or rolled. Learn enough Spanish to be polite and ask simple directions. It may keep you out of trouble. Also, it really does help if you can understand some of what your dream girl (of the moment) is saying to you. Read the Adelita's/HK reviews and websites, learn what you can about the system, take your time when you first arrive in each place. Wander around a little in the clubs and watch what is going on. Don't over indulge, remember you have to be able to get back! And especially important, don't do dope while over there. Drugs are available in Tijuana and often inexpensive, but enforcement sometime focuses on non-locals and Mexican jails are not a good follow up to an evening at HK. Keep your big head functioning and your little head covered and Tijuana can be a blast.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I've been there twice and went this past June. All of the above adviince is good but if you go straight to adalitas/hk and straight back to the border when you're done you shouldn't have any problems. Tell the taxi driver adalitas and they will take you right there. Some may try to talk you into going somewhere else, don't listen, just insist on adalitas or hk. I have the $5 dollars ready and don't even ask a price on the cab. I give them the money when They drop me off and not had a problem. When they are driving you back of to the border, there will be kids who want a tip for opening your cab door, just tell them you're out of money. If you have a passport, you will be fine crossing back over. The time of day will determine your wait. If your wait is going to be 1-2 hours, I would try to find a bus that is taking people to the border and offer $20 to hop on. I did that one time when I was still married and me and my wife had gone to tj for some shopping. Turned a 2 1/2 hour wait in the heat into 30 in an air conditioned bus. Best $20 I ever spent. I've never stayed in tj but if I were doing the trip I would stay in SD and I wouldn't necessarily stay in San ysidro, if you have a rental car you can stay in hotel circle and be 20 minutes from the border. Lots of good restaurants and shops there too.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Get a money belt for any kind of travel. Can Mexico be dangerous? Of course. That being said, don't listen to the naysayers. Use caution and street smarts.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    You guys are such pussies. TJ can be dangerous just like anywhere but that's no reason to stay away. I'll just add that the streetcar is a fine way to get to the border on the SD side, although not so good if you're coming back late at night.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Detroit is closer to the east coast and might provide what you are looking for. Also heard good things about the clubs in Toronto.
  • brad123xyzzz
    11 years ago
    Walk across the border, take a cab to Hong King, bring a bunch of one dollar bills to feel up 10-20 smoking hot girls. Pick out one you like and buy her a drink. If you are feeling it with her take her upstairs for 60-80 dollars plus 16 dollar room. Use a condom, have fun. I don't care what anyone says this is paradise for men who like young pretty Latin girls. Paradise. This place is nothing like any US strip club.
  • Siege031
    11 years ago
    I have been down to TJ numerous time and have never felt like i was in danger. Personaly i stay at the Best Western in San Ysidro. Its clean and inexpensive with several fast food places near by for meals. The hotel is only about 10 min from the border. Just park in one of the lots and walk across. Be sure to TAKE YOUR PASSPORT, if you are a US citizen you can get back across without it but the process will be extremely lenthy on top of the normal wait in the line. The area the clubs are in is well lit and there are alot of people, there is also Police station right there as well. I don't care how corrupt they may or may not be the police are there for your protection, as long as you are polite and not tring to start shit, or trying to score illegal drugs they won't hassle you. A little common cents goes along way. As i have said before i have been down lots of time and have never had a bad experiance.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I just googled some murder rates. East St Louis, Detroit, and Flint, Mi all have higher murder rates than TJ.
  • knight_errant
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the comments. I have traveled around four continents in some rough and off-the-beaten-path places, so TJ doesn't intimidate me (been there once already and the scariest thing about it was driving in a six-land traffic circle!). My interest is because there seems to be nothing like these places in the US. If all I wanted was some poontang, I can get it a lot closer. It's the flavor of the experience (and thanks for the stats, Motorhead)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    That's cool. I like your attitude about wanting to experience something unique. Me? I get scared taking the trash out in the dark, so it's not for me. And I don't want the long lines just for a little puss. But I can respect your sense of adventure.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I haven’t seen shadowcat report a 2:00 a.m. incident @ HK or Adelita’s (maybe 2:00 a.m. TJ info may be harder to get?). Many TUSCLers have been to TJ repeatedly w/ no issues – anything can happen of course – but you probably have a higher chance of getting killed on the highway IMO. In many foreign places; if one starts wandering around town; you can get intro trouble – but if you just stick to your destination spot; you should be ok (the same can be said for many a SCs in the U.S.).
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I say make a day out of TJ. Plan it your trip to coincide with a Bullfight or a Jai Alai match. Both are different experiences. Eat the food. TJ has some hidden gems. Some of the best Chinese food I ever had was in TJ. Street tacos-mmmmmm good. If you need to buy clothes, trinkets, medicine or handicrafts, TJ is the place. Don't forget to take a picture with the donkey painted to look like a Zebra.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Just back from TJ this weekend. As a big fan of Detroit, Hong Kong is no comparison with Detroit. Both the good and the bad. I have not been to every club but I have been to a couple of good markets in the US and there is nothing like Hong Kong. Adelita Bar can compare with the easy of extras of a top club in Detroit or Miami but the girl costs $60-$100 plus hotel for $12-$15 for 30 minutes. Top girls are as pretty as any club I have been to including Mons Venus and Mexican girls vary from black to brown to white with small natural breasts, tiny butts to giant titties and butts you can set a serving tray on. I speak no Spanish and I get along just fine. I have made four trips to San Diego and eight trips into TJ. I am cheap on hotels and usually stay in south bay. I stayed at the Best Western on E st in Chula Vista last weekend. I would advise getting a three star Hotwire hotel deal downtown/bayside but I would stay at the Best Western again. Take the train to the border and be back to the border by 12:58am and you can take the train home. If you decide to screw the light skinned black girl with the big hair that spoke no English at 1 am you can take a cab from the board but you will need more than a couple of bucks to get home. $32 bucks to E street but it was worth it. I should do a recap of my trip and the benefits of TJ to share with all.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Sir Errant, just a word about alternatives. If you are on the east coast you may be able to find great airfares to the Dominican Republic. The DR does permit prostitution and local attitudes are much more relaxed than the US, or even Mexico. Try Souza for a party scene in the strip clubs with take out literally on the menu! It is even common to find willing and beautiful young women on the beaches who are willing and able to make your hottest dreams come true. And the prices are unbelievably low. I'm not trying to sell you on the DR, just offering an alternative to TJ. There are others. If you haven't visited Montreal you haven't enjoyed the pleasures of the "off island" clubs. They really do redefine high mileage. Try TJ then try the DR and let us know what you think.
  • juiicebox69
    11 years ago
    Fuk dat pusy til it bleeds and she sqeeks !
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Look up CubaDave for info on Sosua in the DR. Passions is VERY popular.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Knight Errant, when you're in San Diego, try and make it a point to get a pint at the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion