tuscl

Great Day or Late Day

Richard Ramirez died yesterday. Unfortunately, it was not from a gang beatdown or a prison guard bullet. It was from natural causes. Anyways, I know that this fuckwad ruined the lives of many. I was a ten year old kid in '85. He murdered a family two blocks from our hone in Walnut, in Diamond Bar. Fuck him. At the very least, he ruined my summer vacation. At the most, he ruined a part of my childhood. ClubGoer, Lopaw, Sclvr, did this asshole fuck up a part of your life? I was in Boyle Heights when the vato locos beat him down. The LA vetetanos did what the LAPD couldn't do-bring a criminal to justice. Eastside!

11 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    A major flaw in our judicial system is that a low life like this guy gets to sit on death row for 20 plus years waiting on appeals.

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of hell for this, but we need to expedite the process. Catch 'em, try 'em, and fry 'em, I say. How much money was spent over 23 years to feed and incarcerate this guy. And the cost of the appeals?
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @motorhead: When the judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, juries and "expert" witnesses become incapable of deceit, incompetence and maliciousness, I'll be with you.

Not until.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I agree with gmd's sentiment. A too efficient government or court carries with it some big risks of its own. If to avoid those risks some small number of serial killers get a few more decades of life what seems fair given their crimes, that is a price worth paying.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    If this had happened in Texas we would not be talking about it.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Ron White talking about Texas....

"Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty... mine's putting in an express lane."
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Gotta love RW Mototater.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I love Texas and agree with most of their judicial system but that doesn't make Texas any safer. In fact, if I can physically beat the shit out of you, man to man, and then you pull a gun, you're a bitch. Period, point blank. People forgot about that when George Zimmerman had his ass handed to him by a kid. Yes, that was in Florida but the same principle is at stake. I believe in the 2nd Amnendment but what about being a man? One on one? Or is that concept dead, in all 50 states?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Slick, You asked for several L.A. members to comment. I'm much, much older than you, and I have a different response for you than what you're probably expecting. The Charles Manson case of late 1960's was my "Richard Ramirez," as being a totally senseless crime, that shocked the L.A. metropolitan area. It probably had a great effect on me, at the time, but certainly not to the degree that the Ramirez case has had on you.

Although, not as many murders were involved, his general life style, and how he freely promoted a violent way of life still angers me. Every few years, his name comes up in the news, as it did recently, when another parole opportunity for him arises. I always say (and the California juicial system seems to agree with me), "Let him rot in jail."

Now that I live in Washington state, the Gary Ridgway murders (Green River Killer) of the 1980's and '90's (at least 49 deaths) still haunt this region; news of possible victims' identities still surfaces from time to time.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    There's nothing that bothers me more than people that glorify mass murderers and serial killers. I saw a FB post by someone about Richard Ramirez the other day that called him a "great man". Gag. At best, he was an oxygen thief.
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    Death would be too kind for some of these mass murderers. Let them live the rest of their life in the constant fear that dominates the prison system.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @duo: yep and we currently have three Tv series glorifying serial killers - Dexter, Hannibal and the Following. Wonder when human traffickers like yours truly are going to get a series glorifying us?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion