tuscl

Video shows assault rifle shooting at Philadelphia strip club

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:42 AM
PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released surveillance video of a man shooting up a strip club with an assault rifle. Investigators say 21-year-old Henry Pettigrew is the man seen firing wildly inside the Purple Orchid Gentleman's Club at 3275 South 61st Street back on May 11th. Pettigrew, and an accomplice, remain at large. According to police, it was around 1:55 a.m. when Pettigrew and another man were involved in a dispute with club management and bouncers. The two were removed but, police say, Pettigrew returned a few minutes later armed with an AK-47 assault rifle. Surveillance video shows the suspect running into the club, while brandishing the rifle. He moves to open a door but slips and falls. VIDEO: Watch the surveillance video on [view link]. The man then gets up, opens the door, brings up the gun and opens fire. The video shows multiple muzzle flashes and debris flying as round after round are fired. Another camera shows a worker diving behind the bar, covering his head as bullets slam into the wall. The camera then shows the gunman turning around and running out of the club. One person was struck by the gunfire, but the injuries were not life-threatening. Henry Pettigrew is described as a black male standing 5'11" tall, weighing 180 pounds. He also has a thin beard. Pettigrew's last known address is in the 5500 block of Belmar Terrace. The man who was with him was described as a black male about 20 to 25 years old, standing 5'9" to 5'10" tall with a medium build and a goatee. He was wearing a dark hooded jacket over a plaid button shirt, tan cargo shorts and tan boots. Police believe they were driving a light-colored sedan, possibly a Hyundai or Mitsubishi. Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through [view link].

14 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Here is the correct link. [view link]
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I know Alucard is going to have a field day with this one...
  • Lack4Oars
    11 years ago
    Hahaha at falling twice before he got inside
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    What a pair of punks. I was actually planning on visiting this black SC when I was considering a Philly SC road trip for early this summer but planning to now do next year.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    BAN ALL GUNS! It worked for so well for drugs.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    After you see this video make sure you the see video where the dog emerges from the debris...INCREDIBLE
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I know Alucard is going to have a field day with this one..." Repeal the 2nd Amendment, confiscate these guns & destroy them - after outlawing them. BIG magazines = BIG consequences - Death &/or Destruction!!! THX for spelling my name right. Yes I will reply to these each time I see one.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    @ Alucard: You're welcome. I told you I was a nice guy deep down. I'm just trying to understand better, why do you have the opinion you have on guns? Surely we all have a reason for our opinions right?
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Liberal fantasy ^^^
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Dougster said he always skips out if conversations when he's asked why he feels a certain way but I thought I would try anyway
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Don't bring an AK-47 to a tank fight
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Camby!That brought a tear to this hardened heart.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Followup story: Police in Philadelphia are hoping that video of a man shooting up a strip club with an AK-47 assault rifle over a DJ’s song selection will lead to his arrest. Investigators on Wednesday said that 21-year-old Henry Pettigrew was being sought for the May 11th shooting at Purple Orchid Gentleman’s Club. Police said that bouncers at the club tried to remove him after he became angry because the DJ would not play his favorite song. Pettigrew and an accomplice then assaulted a customer, who they mistook for one of the bouncers. When the customer ran to the parking lot and tried to flee in his SUV, Pettigrew grabbed an AK-47 and began firing at the vehicle. The customer was hit above his right hip and was expect to recover. “Fortunately where it hit him, it hit the flesh of his body and it didn’t hit any vital organs,” Philadelphia Police Department spokesperson Lt. Johnny Walker explained, according to WPVI. The video then showed Pettigrew falling — apparently due to intoxication — as he tried to run back inside the strip club. The suspect fired several rounds in the direction of the DJ. The DJ could be seen ducking for cover as a bullet struck the mirror behind where his head had been. “Just wildly, obviously with an AK-47 with a banana clip, it can fire multiple rounds at a high rate of speed very quickly,” Walker observed. Pettigrew was described as a 5’11″ tall black male, who weighs about 180 pounds and has a thin beard. His accomplice was also a black male, thought to be between 20 and 25 years old and about 5’10″.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… a man shooting up a strip club with an AK-47 assault rifle over a DJ’s song selection …” Oh – well – at least he had a good reason. I often feel this way when the DJ consistently cuts songs super-short at the black dives I visit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion