tuscl

Naked pictures get Houston Police Department sergeant demoted

HOUSTON -
A former sergeant at the Houston Police Department has been demoted because of naked pictures she allegedly posted online.
An attorney with the Houston Police Officers Union' attorney confirmed the news on Tuesday, saying Stacey Suro accepted the police chief's recommendation for demotion.
The demotion means Suro is now an officer and will no longer patrol the streets of west Houston. Instead, she will work inside the department's property room near downtown.
The decision follows a five month internal affairs investigation after she posted photos on ModelMayhem.com.
The investigation into Suro's online activity started last September. Sources said that's when HPD learned Suro had posted nearly 100 pictures, some of them nude, on the modeling site.
Images aired on Local 2 are not the most revealing. Other images appear to depict Suro in fetish, bondage and other compromising positions.
Suro has since taken her information down. Before the content was removed, Local 2 found a bio in which Suro called herself "Tessoro." She clearly stated she was a model and was charging photographers for work.According to the department's conduct policy, "Employees shall exhibit professional conduct at all times and shall not engage in any activity, including unlawful activity that would degrade or bring disrespect upon the employee or the department."
No one answered the door at Suro's home in Sugar Land Tuesday evening.
Her attorney said she accepts responsibility for her decisions. A police source likely come with a significant pay cut for the 20 year veteran.
Police Chief Charles McClelland would not address the case on camera in October. Instead, McClelland released a statement saying that the department was aware of the allegations but he could not comment until the investigation was completed.
On Tuesday afternoon, Local 2 called a department spokesperson. Officials have not yet confirmed the punishment.

8 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    Such bullshit
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    agree

Never heard of the web site. Reminds me of a dancer I knew for one night. I suddenly remembered she said she was a model.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Be realistic, we live in a world where a defense attorney would be able to use this against her credibility undermining her position at a police officer.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Must have been lousy photos. :)
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I don't see what the problem is. Does Houston have a "no moonlighting" policy? That would be very unusual for a police department.

We had a sex scandal here in Detroit last year and the Chief of Police was "forced to resign" (I'm not sure how that's different from being fired). But in that case he was having an affair with an Internal Affairs officer.

Simply doing outside modeling work doesn't seem like a problem. Is there more to the story?
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Maybe she wouldn't suck the right bosses dick
  • SketchinGuy
    12 years ago
    It shouldn't be a scandal but we live in an age where it isn't just what you do that matters, but what everyone else thinks of it. To paraphrase an old news media expression: If it breeds, it leads.

I gotta say, though, if I'm ever in Houston & encounter a female cop, I might have to keep from saying things like "What a nice profile you have. That would look great on camera!"

Model Mayhem is a legit site. I've known a few girls who find work through it. Most do not strip but there areca few. You find lots of models with tattoos there.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    The decision follows a five month internal affairs investigation after she posted photos on ModelMayhem.com.

So they looked at the pictures for 5 months before deciding what to do?? Maybe that hot lieutenant down the hall started posting nudies of herself, and the guys got tired of the sergeant's lame modeling pics.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion