tuscl

Why do some people give high ratings to a club they say they may never visit aga

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:47 PM
I don't really understand why someone rates an overall rating on a club as high as a 7 and something else such as atmosphere as high as a 7, 8, or 9 and then describe what a horrible visit it was. Then they end the review by saying they may never visit again. I'm thinking, why did you give a very positive rating to a club where your visit sucked big time? I don't get it. I consider any rating above a 5 as a positive visit. Why rate the atmosphere a 9 if you say there were not any attractive dancers? I consider attractive dancers the number one thing for a good rating and a good atmosphere. I don't care if they have a nice building and all kinds of other stuff if the entertainment sucks. I guess it leaves you wondering maybe there were lots of attractive dancers but they all avoided the poster or wanted too much money. Maybe such reviewers are trying to see if people are mind readers. I've read more than one review for clubs where the poster said they may never again because their visit sucked big time but then their overall rating is high. If it sucked, don't rate the club higher than a 4 or 5. This is just my opinion but it leaves me wondering what are people thnking?

10 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    Part of it just goes with people feeling differently about what constitutes good quality and what goes into each category.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    It is the way that the rating system skews. I have given a few clubs high overall ratings even though I would not frequent them simply because two out of three ratings categories are the quality of the girls and the atmosphere. Now I try to compensate somewhat with lower value ratings if I was not entertained and/or if things were very expensive, but there is only so far one can go with that. Two examples for me are as follows: 1. Sapphire (NYC): The girls were gorgeous, everyone was very friendly and the facility (at least on the inside) was very nice. Hence, the girls received a very rare 9 rating from me and the club received an 8 for atmosphere. Now I gave the club a 5 on the value scale because the drinks are expensive and the CR is absurd, and the experience was otherwise sedate, but the overall score was still above 7. 2. Cheetah (Atlanta): The girls were young, beautiful, hot bodied and completely naked. The facility was one of the best that I have ever visited - simply unmatched in many cities. Hence, the club received 9s in both quality of girls and atmosphere. Now this place is also expensive for Atlanta and there was a bit of upsell, so I gave it a 5 in the value department, but the club still scored an 8 overall - even though it was not my cup of tea for an everyday club visit. Until founder adds another category for personal experience, fun factor, or something similar, I guess that this is just going to be the way of it. If we score certain higher end clubs honestly, they are going to rank high even if they are not our cup of tea. Similarly, I am constantly forced to give my favorite clubs lower ratings because they only score high on value, but not so well on the other two criteria. Perhaps there is a need for a fourth category?
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Maybe we need to ask did you enjoy the visit or how fun or entertaining it was. zero for sucked big time, 10 for it was a blast, can't wait to go back.
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    I agree with Rick. Generally the decision on 'will I come here again' is based on the lowest of the three ratings, in other words a club that bites on any one of the three categories...value, atmosphere, or dancers, is likely to be a no-return judgement. In fact an interesting analysis would be to rank the clubs on the highest lowest category of ratings.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I have also read some reviews where the person obviously disliked everything about the club, from parking to service to even the shitter....yet makes the last line of the review "I'll be back next time I'm in town". WTF? The only thing that I can take away from a review like that is that that particular club must be the only one within a 500 mile radius.
  • goldmongerATL
    11 years ago
    I would not avoid a place for the atmosphere, which to me is the physical quality of the club. It may be a dive in need of remodeling, bad bathroom, cramped seating, etc., but if it has hot girls and value through the roof, it is a KEEPER. Follies and Inner Room come to mind.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Shark: Your second paragraph, first sentence is the key to the "mixed emotions" some reviewers encounter. Some things are good, and some are bad, but overall, with so few factors to consider, it's difficult to *quantify* a strip club experience. Personally, I don't use any of the quantified lists. I don't like to rate dancers or clubs on a 1 to 10 scale; I rather prefer to *qualify* my experiences and go with words, as a guide, rather than numbers. (I was never good at math, anyway.) @ Rick and Inno: Excellent comments!
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    At least we can read the comments for a review. I would hate to only have some numbers to go by. Even though I often look at the total overall rating for clubs in an area.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I will second Club Goer's comments. One of my regular clubs has a lot of hot girls purely in terms of physical looks, but that place has so many other things working against it I don't really enjoy going there and the only reason I like going there is because it is the closest nude club to home. I also personally find it difficult to quantify ratings for everything we rate on here and am mostly guessing at a number. There's a lot more that goes into rating the dancers than just how hot they look, and that's just one of the ratings.
  • GentMen65
    11 years ago
    All of these ratings work in tandem. You got a nice building and good wait service then higher clientele will come, warranting higher quality talent. I do agree with you guys that there should be a "Return-worthy" rating that reflects an individual preference.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion