tuscl

Are all club reviews BS?

Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:39 PM
I'm no veteran like most of you guys here.....far from it, but I just don't believe any of the reviews I read on this board. All of mine are totally legit.....some perhaps more lame than others.....but I never lied and always tried to be as informative as possible. Of course there have been some strip club visits that have been totally lame that I didn't even have enough to write about, hence why reviewed clubs by me are few are far between. Then again, if I frequent the same club more than once (only because of convenience, not because it's a great club) I won't write a new review with embellished BS details if I have nothing new to add. I think a lot of the reviews here are guys just trying to get VIP status, and to me that defeats the whole purpose of this web site. Is anyone else with me on this? Should I even give a shit?

24 comments

• boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    I live in metro Detroit and really only read the Detroit reviews. They are all pretty spot on, informative, and accurate. I won't even consider venturing to a club I've never been to here with out consulting the reviews. I've been clubbing here for over a year and still haven't been to 7+ of the many, many clubs we have here. Never been to either of the H8s, bogarts, toy chest, johns hot spot, hts, chapeu vert, la chambre, subi's..... god damn we do have a shit ton of titty bars here. These are just SOME of the places I HAVEN'T been to!!
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I'm sure there are a lot of bullshit reviews but what's more important to me is the overall content. If you look at several you'll usually get a better picture than trying to read one, especially if it's the only review someone has done.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I have been advocating making this board membership PAY only, instead of free membership for possibly questionable reviews. And as you may soon see, my view will be put down or attacked.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Everything written on here is ro be considered fiction
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Undoubtibly there are some bull shit reviews out there, for what ever reasons but If you check the reviewers credentials and read several reviews for the same club, you should be able to pick out the crap and get a reasonable idea of what to expect at the club.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Better than nothing. I don't pay much attention unless a club has at least 5 or so reviews in the last year. I ignore the ones that aren't at least half about the dancers. I think information repeated in over half the reviews is fairly reliable.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I think its pretty easy to sift through the rubbish people put into reviews. Depending on the club and how many reviews it has, if you go back 10-20 reviews you can get a good feel for a place. Also, don't put as much stock in people who don't have a lot of reviews or ones that are really short.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    No, the reviews when averaged are pretty accurate. I think its funny Bjag, that you swear your reviews are the truth, but don't believe anyone else when they write a review. All reviews are the opinion of the writer and a good writer will describe his/her experience. Sometimes a club is hot, sometimes the same club has an off night. Where else short of an actual visit will you get this kind of pre-op intelligence?
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    Certainly all of my reviews are real. Sure there are some crap reviews just to get a month of free access and a few shills, but the shills stand out for being way higher than the others and most of them aren't written the way a real club goer writes about clubs. If the site was fully paid then it would be a lot smaller and a lot less interesting.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I still don't get what the benefit would be of someone purposely posting false review information. I understand it could possibly benefit or hurt a clubs business, but let's be honest here, there probably aren't too many club workers on this site reading reviews. Alucard- you have to look at ALL angles of it. Forcing people to pay would greatly decrease the activity on this site.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I'd say false reviews are in the minority, and I don't have too much trouble spotting them. A bigger problem for me is clubs that have very few recent reviews.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Alucard- Technically, ALL reviews are questionable. How much you question is based on your biases. There's a few recent reviews for my favorite club which I didn't especially care for, but they were mostly the experiences of people who, as near as I can tell, are either newbies to going to strip clubs, or people making first time visits to my favorite club. I think it's best to not question the legitimacy of their experiences. Newbies and people who only go once a year are going to think differently about strip clubs than us members of the TUSCL discussion board. Not everyone has the same frame of reference. I believe in the end, you have to read all the reviews for a club, or at least all of them which are reasonably recent. And I don't write a review if I have nothing new to add, either.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I agree with Ermita Nights about clubs with a lack of recent reviews. Those are ones I will automatically write a new review for. Sometimes, I'll even go out of the way to go to one of those, although I haven't done that much lately.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Everything written has to be considered a work of friction
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Even if this was a pay only site you would still get BS reviews. Everyone has a bias depending on what you are looking for and we all know many clubs vary depending on time of day and day of the week. I have seen reviews trashing a club that I have been in and thought was good but upon reading a different review he had done I realized that the guy was PO'ed because there were no women of the type he prefered there that night. I also read a review that ripped everything about a club where the girls offered extras and the reviewer raged at this but only mantioned it in the last line of the review. You need to read many reviews to get a feel for the place. That is why I do not pay attention to 'club ratings'. Gatorfan has the right of it legally all the reviews, discussions and article are fiction because if they are fact then you are admitting to illegal acts and implicating others in illegal acts.
  • TxVegas
    11 years ago
    I find the reviews to be frequently helpful. You have certain reviews that you ignore, but it is especially helpful if the reviewer has been to some clubs that you have also been to, comparing their opinion. I also generally ignore extremely high or low reviews from those with very few reviews. Use common sense and the reviews can be helpful when traveling to new cities.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    There are plenty of sucky reviews – by sucky I mean they don’t really say much or give much info – not necessarily that they are lying or purposely misrepresenting the club. I don’t think the site should be made all paid, i.e. free discussion board and articles are ok. But I do agree that giving free VIP encourages many sucky reviews – like anything else that is given for free – often times at least half the people will take advantage of it in a away it wasn’t intended to be. I think many of those that really want to write good reviews would still do it even if they did not receive the free VIP. I also will very rarely not consider a club at all based on the reviews – I usually have to see it w/ my own eyes b/c my tastes are a bit peculiar or non- mainstream and thus someone’s sucky club may be to my liking. What I *will* do is feel more encouraged to visit a club if I really like the reviews about it.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    My only gripe about reviews is the plethora of "reviews" in which the writer admits they got no dances while at the club. WTF? If all we needed was commentary regarding the layout and the quality of the drinks this would be a lame site indeed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Another type of review I hate are the one that start “… I went to the strip club with my boyfriend and …” I doubt that her take on her visit to the SC with her bf would be along the lines of why I would go to a SC – the few reviews I’ve read that have started that way have been a total freaking waste. I also don’t like the ones that are in a similar vein; i.e. “… I went to the strip club with my girlfriend …” I also doubt that this dude’s SC visit with his gf is along the lines of my typical SC visit. Not to say people like these can’t write good reviews – just the ones I’ve read have been crap for my personal preferences.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I look at the number of clubs and type of clubs a reviewer has reviewed if I'm interested. As far as the accuracy, most I read are accurate. We have the ability to flag or identify questionable reviews. I have noticed some reviews for a club I no longer visit being somewhat questionable as far as their rating of the club. Then I see where they only have one or two reviews total. If I see the club only has a few reviews in 6 months, that says something right there. Not many visit. As far as charging, that would really cut down traffic to this web site. I would find another site and post reviews elsewhere or just stop visiting strip club sites. The reviews are really only helpful for people who travel or haven't been to a particular club in ages. When you do travel, I find this site very useful. knocking on wood now. I don't want to be sent half way around the nation or some foreign country.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    OP: "Are all club reviews BS?" Not all of them of them in general. Not even most of them in general. OTOH, many of RickyBoy's club reviews are BS. (Zero original intel. Everything just restatements of things previous people who reviewed the club said.)
  • stenton1
    11 years ago
    I personally love the reviews. I have my favorite clubs, but I make a point to check out someplace new fairly often. I usually agree with the prior reviews, but as with all of us, your mileage may vary. Overall, I have saved time and money by reading the reviews on this site, and I am happy to share. The obvious shills seem to review the same club over and over with nothing but positive experiences.
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    I like to post at least once every two months at my favorite clubs, and preferably once a month, but will skip a post if nothing changes. I also try to make each review different, and show what has improved or not between visits. Regular reviewers are useful, especially when they give you and idea on how things currently are at the clubs. Good information can be a change in management, a large exodus of veteran dancers, new dancers that have shown up, dancers who have improved or gotten worse, city crackdowns, price increases or decreases, new specials, etc.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    bj- Two things: 1) Were you as inebriated as you were in your early 2012 "adventure" @ Cheetahs- NYC when you started this thread."? 2) "It takes one to know one." Fellas, please review OP's review, and thread starting history. His 1st review of Cheetahs- NYC is a regurgitation of a thread he started about a credit card scam. Two follow on "reviews" of Cheetahs (both within qualifying timeframe for VIP credits) merely expound upon the drama of first visit. Fourth (and hopefully, final) review of Cheetahs (concurrent with started thread) reads like a lame story a teenager would submit for publication. I hear glass shattering at the rock the OP just tossed...........
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion