tuscl

Confessions of a strip club DJ

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
This is an interview with 2 DJ's who work in Detroit area strip clubs, which I have reviewed in the past.

http://metrotimes.com/music/cityslang/co…

Both DJ's, it seems to me, present a G-rated version of what goes on in the clubs. I could tell more interesting and shocking stories.

Why are DJ's considered so essential at strip clubs and why are they respected? The only DJ I know is the ex-husband of my ATF, and he's a cocaine-fueled pussy-hound who frequently gets fired for being aggressive and obnoxious.

19 comments

• boogieknight369
    12 years ago
    They definitely cleaned it up for the paper. But a DJ at a strip club must get a shit ton of free pussy.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Or none at all
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I think if they were being honest, most DJs' confessions would be along the lines of "I have no marketable skills except the ability to talk smack with a straight face" and "I'm just here for the pussy and drinks" and "I have an ego problem that controlling the music in the club helps me deal with."
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Where do strip club djs come from?

Anal sex
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    A DJ who hailed from Rangoon
    Was born nine months too soon
    He had not the luck
    To be born of a fuck
    But was scraped off the sheets with a spoon.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Play Something Dancy (2012)
    Posted January 26, 2013 (Last Comment: January 26, 2013)

Stories of debauchery from a San Francisco strip club DJ. It's fairly well written. It confirms most of what you suspected about DJs -- drug addicts / drug dealers, will have sex with anything with a pulse, and then thinks that you are one who's the pathetic loser, etc, etc. This book did nothing to alter my opinion that strip club DJs are oxygen thieves. But at least this particular oxygen thief has a some talent as a writer, I gotta give him that much. That's probably because he's a Michigan native who attended U of M before moving to the west coast. And he's got an amusing story about sneaking into the Saginaw Déjà Vu, underage with a fake id.

http://db.tt/J6ZdFeUD
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    A DJ is necessary because somebody has to line up the music, Spanish for latinas, Rock & Roll for some girls, Country for country girls, Soul/Rap for black girls, well you get the idea.

The DJ also schedules the lineup. Which girls are doing stage rotations, which girls have checked in, which girls have checked out, etc.

DJs also watch the customers, the girls, they watch for disorderly conduct, fights and very drunk patrons.

DJs sound warnings and summon waitresses and managers when necessary.

I guess the job doesn't pay much, and I think most of their pay comes from tips. The DJs I know don't get free drinks and they only occasionally get pussy from dancers.

So, yea, other than seeing beautiful girls in various stages of undress, the job sucks.
  • LeeH
    12 years ago
    How long have you been a DJ, pablo?

"A DJ is necessary because somebody has to line up the music,"

LOL !! Every dancer that I've talked to for more than 10 minutes complains that the DJ couldn't match music to a dancer if his life depended on it. Even if they hand him a specific mix CD for their set, he can't manage to get it in the CD player.

Besides, all music sounds the same at 3000 dB.

"The DJ also schedules the lineup."

If I had a dollar for every time a dancer's name was called while she was in VIP with me, I'd be able to buy a club.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    I only know one good sc dj
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Believe it or not the typical music-oriented radio station out there is voice-tracked for most of the day. That means that there is no live DJ. If a radio station can do it why couldn't a strip club? I may be finding out. The club that I am helping design does not have a DJ booth. It is designed to be voice-tracked. I predict that the dancers will grumble about not being able to choose the songs, but will like having one less guy extorting a tip-out.

Bear in mind that people who think that a Strip Club DJ is like a Dance Club DJ are missing the point. Strip Club DJs are a lot more like Radio DJs in that their main jobs are to: Do branding, pitch product, and maintain a strict and precise song schedule. So for example the club has set its prices per song then if the DJ changes the song selection for 'the mood' and winds up playing 15 songs per hour instead of 20 guess who has just cost the club 25% of their potential revenue per hour!

Adjusting the song to the girl on stage? Why? At any time there hopefully are several girls giving lap dances. THEIR ability to get the customer to take another couple of dances is far more important to the revenue of the club than getting a few more stageside tips.

In addition the one DJ saying that with a young crowd he tries to keep the music to 120 to 130 bpm is a mistake. He is confusing the kind of music that age group likes with the music that age group finds sexy. You are going for the sexy!
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Several Years ago I was in Harem House in Indy I was going around the stage to sit down and glanced into the DJ booth and there was a young spinner on her knees in front of the DJ (a fatass 50 yo bald slob) I assume polishing his microphone to avoid tip out. A week or so later a dancer told me she walk into the dressing room in back and caught the DJ fucking a different new dancer on the 'lunch table' and the dancer I talked to was very PO'ed since she ate at the table and did not want "skank all over the table from the creepy DJ". Later I heard an interview with a guy (on Bob and Tom) who worked as a strip club DJ twenty years ago in a higher end no extras club. He said most dancers treated him like furniture as in he was part of the her support structure to be paid like locker rental. He said that there were a few girls that came on to him to "pay him" but club rules forbade it and he abided by the rule and he said he needed money more than pussy. He also worked low end clubs and they were a different story where the girls traded pussy for everything. He was offered a BJ to get her music played while she danced FS to look the other way while they had FS in the VIP room next the the DJ booth.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    The day shift DJ at my favorite club is fucking one of the most popular dancers. One reviewer described her as having perfect tits. I have seen them arriving at the club together in his car and she has told a buddy of mine that the DJ is her BF. I suppose that I would rate her an 8 but she is known to upsell to VIP and then not deliver.

Oddly she and the DJ's former GF, also a popular dancer, are friends. I see them quite frequently trying to sell themselves as a pair. Once they get to VIP the former GF does all the nasty stuff. In return the current GF takes care of the former, when she is drunk or stoned.

I doubt that either dancer pays a tip out.
  • joewebber
    12 years ago
    The DJ can make or break the club. A good DJ selects the music, works the rotations, and announces the dancers, specials in a clean understandable voice. A good DJ manages the dancers and their moods, and will not deal with dancer b.s.

The Goldrush in Atlanta went from a booming popular mixed club to a ghetto shit-hole where no one can make any money. (check the reviews if you don't believe me)
    It wasn't an immediate change. it took two years to completely degenerate. It happened because they took the club cook and made him the DJ. He played Non-stop hip-hop during his shift which chased out all of the white customers, and 80% of the white dancers.

two things:
    1) He knew what he was doing was wrong, and continued to do it. (i.e. when the owner was in the club, he would change his format until the owner would leave)
    2) when asked to change, he said he couldn't because he would lose a lot of money in tips from the dancers.

Lee and Inno, there are A LOT of BAD DJs!

A good DJ caters to his customers. And he plays music suited to where the big money is.

Those crappy DJs out there cater to the college kids (who have no money), or the wannabe rappers (who have no money, but pretend to).

The a.m. radio DJs of the 50s, 60s, and early 70s are what most of these crappy goons try to imitate, never coming up for air, leaving a pause in their announcements. I know one that sounds like Boomauer from King of the Hill.
    A DJ *might* get laid more often than the PLs because he's an employee. Most strip club employees have sex with a stripper easier than a customer will. he's an employee, the customer is the income.

Radio stations can voice track all they want. there's no common sense and logic in an automated system for broadcast. The SC DJ knows the club.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Play that funky music white boy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I can’t stand when the DJ tries to be, or thinks, he is the center of attention and the center of the SC.

Man just announce the dancers and shut the hell up.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    What lame-ass interviews guys who work in strip clubs and doesn't ask them how often they manage to hook up?
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    He didnt want to say anything about hooking up. He was greasing all the bouncers
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Most I have encountered seem to either be quiet or shoot their mouths off insulting customers.

Only one seemed to rattle off the rules every hour and truthfully, I think he was the best one (of strip club DJs). At least he had something to say that was worthwhile.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion