tuscl

What's up with South Carolina?

Wednesday, March 1, 2006 8:57 AM
I just returned from 2 weeks of fun in the sun. And I noticed something funny while driving I-95. Whether going north or south, at the South Carolina border as you enter the state there are billboards advertising massage parlors and other sex businesses. I never thought of rural South Carolina as a mecca for this kind of stuff. Am I wrong? Is this new?

8 comments

• davids
    18 years ago
    Perhaps the women the old man thinks are doing extras so cheaply for him are not doing it b/c they like or trust him but merely because they are DESPERATE FOR CASH?
  • pop
    18 years ago
    No, I've never been. I've been told that it's not a strip club. The girls line up and you choose one and rent the room.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    I get the feeling that South Carolina is one of the poorer parts of the country. How does per capita income and education in South Carolina compare with other parts of the country? How does this affect the strip club "industry"?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Pop, that's one of the signs I saw in Dillon. There's also a massage parlor nearby or maybe in the same building. Ever been to eithr one? Any idea what they're like? Seems like they've been there for years.
  • pop
    18 years ago
    Casual, take a look at Paradise Lingerie.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Shadowcat, had I been alone I would have done exactly that. Maybe next time.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I live in South Carolina and didn't realize that. That particular area may be hurting for business since that area used to have a lot of video poker parlors when that business was legal in South Carolina and I believe the unemployment rate is high in that rural part of the state. I suppose the people in that area have no qualms over big billboards. Perhaps those South of the Border signs posted for miles and miles advertising a tiny little stop south of North Carolina weren't drawing enough business to that area.
  • pop
    18 years ago
    Dillon, that little town dwarfed by south of the border, has long been infamous for such places. It may be where the term jackshack started. Certain counties tend to "ignore" places like this. Jasper at the other end of 95 may be one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion