tuscl

Stripper: Club Manager Demanded Sexual Favors

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

11 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    All them fines for stupid shit is a good way to get sued - especially in this economy.
  • kingcripple
    12 years ago
    and this doesnt happen often? im sure gladly obliged
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    NO shit!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    The term "sexual favors" always sounded funny to me.

• pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Stripclub managers normally find an ATF among the dancers who work at their club.
    Dancers can expect sexual harassment on the job from customers to DJs to bartenders to managers. Its just part of the sexual oriented business that stripclubs are.

In Texas, dancers are usually independent contractors who agree to set their own hours and wages with the club. In exchange for economic freedom, they pay the club to work there.

I don't think many dancers would agree to become "employees".
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Wait I want to hear about the strip club manager who doesn't ask for sexual favors from the strippers.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you!

But wait, this isn't even part of the lawsuit, which is just another shot at the independent contractor/tip-out/stage-fee system?

That is a system that just creates an environment where everybody is putting the squeeze on everybody else, and it is inevitable that a various forms of extortion (sexual or otherwise) show up.

The writer does not seem to understand how the system works but it sounded like what was really happening was that there was a minimum required fees and tip-outs of 250 per shift.

If the judge rules that the dancers were not genuinely independent there could be a lot of money owed them.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    @pabloantonio, I don't know how many would give up being independent contractors, but I sure know plenty of them would give up the tip out system that has everybody taking a piece of their money just for doing their jobs.

Unless the club gives them sufficient independence it doesn't really matter what the dancer wants or what the club wants.

The problem is that the club wants to call them independent, but the dancers are so flaky that they have to micromanage them, essentially causing them to be regarded as employees.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    The money situation is fucking insane at clubs. If they are renting the stage, like normal entertainers, you pay the club. Then the club pays everyone else. All this recording every dance, tipping everyone around the club - it is fucking crazy.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    It might not be good if the bouncers didn't look to the strippers for tip-out, it helps make sure they really protect the strippers, as well as help them connect with their regulars.

The biggest problem is that it's a bureaucratic nightmare for a strip club to open and stay open. This results in lack of competition, and allows clubs to get away with shabby treatment of both dancers and customers.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    sex with a stripper is a perk when manageing a sc. the 2 sc i worked at the manager had sex with the dancers. but he paid them for it. every one was happy
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion