tuscl

Vegas During CES

Friday, January 4, 2013 12:31 PM
Anyone with any experience hitting clubs during the monster conference that is CES? I wonder if it's even worth it to drop into my regular favorite SCs with almost every hotel on the strip sold out next week. I've gotten spoiled being able to drop in on a Tues/Wed during the fall, always able to get a seat, and spend time with 5-6 dancers throughout the evening. I'm guessing Rhino will be a madhouse. I wonder if Sapphire's is the safest bet due to its size.

13 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    Almost without exception if Vegas is busy then the clubs will be nuts. I'd expect Rhino to be standing room only maybe not Sapphire's because it's big, but it'll still be crazy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    What is CES?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Consumer Electronics Show.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Gracias shadow
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    On the plus side the clubs will definitely staff up as much as they can. One tactic would be to try the slightly lesser known clubs, the ones that aren't the obvious choices.
  • vegasmoon
    11 years ago
    Good point, inno. Could be a good time to visit some of the ones I don't frequent as much. Plus I doubt I'd be able to find some of my favs at the more busy clubs. Then again, I'm thinking if I can put up with the crowdedness, might be a great time to see new-to-me talent.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Most times I’ve gone to SCs during busy event times or holidays, it did not live to what I was expecting IME – too crowded to enjoy myself and the dancers seem to be in a money frenzy does not good QOS.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I live near Vegas and stopped enjoying the SC's there a long time ago. I'm envisioning the crowds during CES will make clubbing even more intolerable than it normally is
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Well, based on what I've seen here and elsewhere, Vegas isn't worth it even when a large show *isn't* going on. I can't imagine that it would be any *better* when such things are happening. Hell, I stay out of clubs *here* when Derby or Farmer's is in town. A complete waste of time.
  • TxVegas
    11 years ago
    I have been told by Vegas strippers that CES is not that great for them. while the clubs are crowded, the CES guys aren't big spenders. The top clubs like the Rhino will be very crowded. You might try to go early or very late (the CES crowd is not a late crowd).
  • vegasmoon
    11 years ago
    TxVegas...another good point. I was thinking the exact same thing. Strippers said the same thing about rodeo attendees. They come to look but seem too conservative to actually get dances. I'll go looking for some of my favs and will give a review of wherever I end up.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    While I believe that the Rodeo guys are a conservative set since lots of them bring wives, family, etc. I think CES brings out boys with cash to spend more than pretty much anything else.
  • kingknight
    11 years ago
    Does not appear to be an enjoyable experience from my perspective. You should try going during the non peak hours. It should bring out the A level talent, but many sharks as well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion