tuscl

Kokomo Considers Licensing Strippers

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
KOKOMO, Ind. -- Dancers at adult entertainment sites in Kokomo could soon be required to have a city license before taking the stage.

Common Council President Mike Kennedy says the council will either create a new ordinance or amend an existing one to require licenses of adult entertainers.

The Kokomo Tribune reports the move could make Kokomo the first Indiana community to require such licenses.

Kennedy says he decided to consider a licensing ordinance after talking with residents. He says the council doesn't want to intrude on civil rights or violate the Indiana or U.S. constitutions and will have attorneys review a draft of the measure before moving forward.

There is no timetable for drafting an ordinance.

http://www.indystar.com/viewart/20121201…

8 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    It's been a couple of years since I've been to the Hip Hugger, but in the past, a dancer could just show up and work that night. It seems some other clubs, "hire" you after an amateur night "audition". I'm really not sure what is the SOP in the industry.

So licensing dancers in Kokomo would affect the way the HH does things, but also seems like another revenue steam for the city.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I agree - money grab. I think government is about to make strippers look like amateurs when it comes to grabbing money out of peoples pockets. Black market coming?
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Aruba Jamaica Bermuda Bahamas
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Detroit licenses their dancers but mileage is still good.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Licensing doesn't mean anything but another hand in your pocket.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    God damn lying politicians.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I thought the girls in Kokomo were already licensed. They have tags in their ears ?? wait that's the cattle in the field next door. Hard to tell the difference in Kokomo.
    An ordinance will likely force the closing of already marginal clubs. I have not been in any of that area's club in several years but they were run down then I likely are not better now. There are better choices in INdy (although not much better).
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    LOL @ " tags in their ears " Damn, I missed it. When I was there, Hip Hugger had some mighty fine women.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion