tuscl

More tales from the far north. LOL.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Ohhhhh, Canada!

Sex toy retailers in Alberta, Canada say that business has been buzzing this autumn, and they think they know why: The NHL lockout.

"We'd be gearing up for [NHL hockey] now, but there's nothing, so I guess we need to find some better ways to spend our time," Vinay Morker, owner of Hush Lingerie and More in Edmonton, told the Toronto Sun. Morker says his sales of sex toys, sex games, sexual guides and lingerie have gone up 15 per cent since October.

While not all hockey fans have traded scoring goals for scoring with each other, Hal Roseberg, who owns Edmonton's Tease Adult Boutique, told the paper that he's noticed a similar spike in business.

"I suppose that's one of the other reasons it's as busy as it is -- there's no hockey," he said.

4 comments

• farmerart
    12 years ago
    Canadian guys are pissed about the NHL lockout. Bars are seriously hurting. Hockey Night In Canada was a guaranteed extra $3k-$5k in booze and food sales for most of Edmonton's sports bars.

My sympathies are with the players in this dispute. Murray Edwards (Calgary Flames' talking owner) is one of my least favourite oil patch characters.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    And wait until next spring when there is a flood of new born children. :)
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Fuck the Canadians
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    happy to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion