tuscl

How many lurkers are there out there?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:05 AM
Since my thread yesterday about making it with a "10", I have received 3 PMs from guys wanting her name, so that they can avoid her. All 3 had done substancial reviews, so I gave them her name. What surprised me was that none of them post on the discussion board but they and apparently many others are reading it.

31 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    Some people like to read discussions but don't like to post their own thoughts. I have seen this on other discussion boards as well. "Lurkers" are seen as offensive by some, but I don't see the harm.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Lurk
  • boogieknight369
    12 years ago
    I read the discussions and post occasionally, but not often. I'm entertained by what goes on here, but want to avoid flame wars as many members are very opinionated.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    CLUBBBBBBBBER!!!!!! You're BACK!!!!!!!!!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I've been lurking for a good month or do....
  • Titangs
    12 years ago
    I'm with Boogie. I hardly ever post, mostly 'cause I don't have anything unique to bring to the whole group that wouldn't be handled easier with a PM. I do find the "my opinion is better than your opinion" stuff very amusing though.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Vm pours a few shots of whiskey for Clubber and invites him to stick around. The show is just beginning !!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    @Titangs I loved the way you put that about the opinionated posters. But I probably wouldn't answer a PM from someone I don't know via a name on this board. Curious - do you responses?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "do you get responses"
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I'm lurking now but I don't need the strippers name
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    gator, did you say "lurking" or "jerking" :)
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I consider lurkers as parasites. They feed info off of the site, and offer nothing in return.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    IMO contributing to the reviews is more important than helping fill the discussion boards.. so as long as a user is providing accurate reviews then to each their own
  • TABB
    12 years ago
    Im with mjx01 with his statement. I really don't care about lurkers on this forum compare to the other forums I go to but my guess would probably be around 500 members are lurking but who knows. Would admin have a figure on how many active members there are and non active members as well.
  • igloo9999
    12 years ago
    most of the time, by the time I read a thread, someone else has already stated the same opinion I have so instead of clogging the board with a bunch of 'yeah, I agree' or 'what he/she/they said' I just read & follow the thread. when I have replied here, I hope it is seen as a differing point of view and taken as such. other than that, sometimes I feel like I 'lurk' here because I don't contribute to most of the threads.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Lurking and jerking same thing
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    For a lurker, Clubber drank that whiskey pretty fast. :)
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    @ boogieknight369. I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Most of us here are tolerant of each others opinion. Some may disagree with a point made and say why but there's not as much malice as you think. It's true that there are a minority that aren't so understanding but that's human nature I guess. The best way to deal with being flamed is a short rebuttal or totally ignore them. @ clubber. Nice to see you are back.
  • rentz2
    12 years ago
    I lurk in the discussions more than I post in them.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I lurked again no KY this time
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I also like to do some good old fashion stalking to
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I got drunk on some cherry flavored lurker last night.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Welcome back, Clubber! No more lurking for you! :-D
  • crecat03
    12 years ago
    I check out most of the threads but most of them aren't very interesting and the ones that are usually already have comments that reflect what I would say.
  • LoneLurker
    12 years ago
    I resemble that remark.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Yes you do. I'ts been awhile since you posted.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I have never seen any opinionated posters here yet. Did i miss the good stuff?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "I have never seen any opinionated posters here yet" Me neither. It's one happy family. It's almost like we're of one mind on everything.
  • MI_Wolf
    12 years ago
    I just started reading shadowcat's discussions today.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I also like to.jackoff
  • MrsGMD
    12 years ago
    guilty
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion