tuscl

6 out of the last 10 TUSCL articles have been by dancers. Why?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Here is one and my guess that this is the main reason.

"the only reason I posted this article was so that I could get my free membership"

Some dancers want to be able to read the reviews for the clubs that they work at. To see what the customers are saying about the club and maybe themselves. Others of the traveling variety type, are using TUSCL as a guide on where to work.

Some will post a review but doing so will subject themselves to being called a shill.

Most never post on the discussion board.

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    As long as the article is relevant, I don't really see a problem with it. I have seen some bullshit articles, including, it could be reasonable argued, a couple of my own, and it would be nice if those were filtered out, in order to give the reward a little more meaning. However, I'm betting, given the lag that occurs between submission and approval *now*, that the editors are already up against it.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I think they may be trying to educate us as to what they really are.... Well what they think they really are... Well what they want us to think they really are.

• gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Strippers have too much free time
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Well, I'll take some of that free time.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    One of my current favorites told me last night, "I took Friday off because I earned enough on Wednesday."

She works enough to meet her needs and then stops working for the week. I wish I had that much free time!
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "She works enough to meet her needs and then stops working for the week."

You make it sound like she only dances for the money. Huh!
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Dancers are always looking for an angle to get attention in an effort to increase income. Posting on TUSCL is part of trying to get a customer's attention. Do we really expect them to share useful information?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Writing practice since they missed 12th grade English
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I agree they may want to read the reviews. I visited this site for months not even realizing there was a discussion section several years ago. At that time though it really wasn't much of a discussion board. It was anonymous postings or a massive non stop flame war between dancers and others arguing opposite points. It wasn't too civilized. Anyone could pretend to be anyone because it was anonymous except for the name someone posted (no login required).
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    SC- I hear you. In all fairness, free membership is at least ONE of the reasons why we submit reviews. Of all the reviewers out there, only a fraction ever post on DB. But, yes, the example you cite was an unapologetic fluff post from a dancer who essentially said- "Hi there, I'm a dancer who likes to milk $$ from young drunk unsophisticated horny soldiers on payday".
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Do we really expect them to share useful information?"

Well if they give their working hours & location, that is "Useful" information IMO.

"In all fairness, free membership is at least ONE of the reasons why we submit reviews"

There SHOULD be a higher bar to getting that "Free" membership!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    LOL Motorhead
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion