tuscl

Thou shalt not solicit for prostitution.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, June 3, 2012 7:58 PM
KNOXVILLE — Five people were arrested during a prostitution sting over the weekend, according to the Knoxville Police Department. The operation, conducted Saturday night and early Sunday, targeted areas in North and East Knoxville in response to citizen complaints and patrol officer investigations, according to a news release from KPD spokesman Darrell DeBusk. The arrests included: -- Michelle L. Brown, 39, of Dandridge, on charges of soliciting for prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia. Brown was arrested within 100 feet of a church, and she was on probation for prostitution at the time of her arrest. -- Lisa Vandeventer Evans, 42, of Knoxville, of charges of soliciting for prostitution and public intoxication. Evans was on church property at the time of her arrest. -- Terri A. Langston, 52, of Maryville, on a charge of soliciting for prostitution. Langston was arrested within 100 feet of a church. -- Kendra Hope Ryan, 34, of Knoxville, on charges of soliciting for prostitution and public intoxication. Ryan was arrested within 100 feet of a church, and she was on probation for prostitution at the time of her arrest. "We know that when there is prostitution in a community you also experience related crimes, such as drug use and property thefts," Knoxville Police Chief David Rausch said in a statement. "We will continue to target those who are participating in illegal activities within our neighborhoods and remove them from the streets."

9 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    These women were arrested "within 100 feet of a church." My question is, what church?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Sounds to me like the church isn't doing so well bringing these lost sheep back to the flock.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Either that town has one Hell of a lot of Damned Churches or the women seem to believe that it is a GOOD place to acquire business. I'm NOT sure which? LOL
  • canny
    12 years ago
    There might be a local ordinance that means they get a bigger fine if the crime is committed within 100 feet of a church. That's the only reason I can think of to print that.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Oh yeah, there's no respecting an establishment of religion in *that* law.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    Didn't Juice say he was a preacher of some sort AND he was thinking of starting up a brothel? Thats his neck of the woods isn't it? lol
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I can see " Father juice " now. Standing at the pulpit with some fine stripper down on her knees, giving him a BJ. LOL
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    I'm not sure why these ladies got into trouble. Isn't what those little rooms in the back of the church are for? They've got a bench to sit on and a padded place to kneel...
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    The city might want to consider shutting down that church. It sounds like the church is a nuisance to the city with an increase in crime reported in the vicinity.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion