tuscl

Atlanta Strip Club Accused of Transgender Discrimination

Saturday, May 5, 2012 9:13 PM
What would you do if you were entering an establishment and you heard the doorman and a manager denying admission to a transgender woman because they were afraid she would use the wrong restroom? No, this isn't a scenario from the God-awful ABC show “What Would You Do?” – rather it was what a couple of Atlantans experienced when they tried to visit the Pink Pony strip club last weekend. In a posting on Facebook, Atlantan Hudson Marr details how a transgender friend was denied entry into the Pink Pony because the security guard noticed the transgender woman's ID indicated she was born male. “He says it's a ‘restroom issue,'” Marr wrote on Facebook. The security guard allegedly said he would have to check with his manager before allowing the transgender woman inside the strip club. In a video posted on Facebook, a Pink Pony manager is seen waving the transgender woman away from the door while repeatedly saying, “Have a good night.” The transgender woman, who was unable to be reached by Fenuxe, is near tears as she argues with the doorman and threatens to try to get the club closed down. “That's called discrimination,” the woman says in the video. Atlanta has a human relations ordinance which prohibits discrimination against transgender individuals in a variety of circumstances, including public accomodations. [view link]

8 comments

• pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Why would man, who pretends to be a woman, go to a strip club to look at real women? Fashion tips for the bedroom?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Sounds like a set up to me.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    We have an attorney up in Detroit named Jeff Feiger that could help her/him.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    This doesn't make a lot of sense. If he/she looks like a woman then she's going to use the women's room with closed stalls. Everyone has privacy. Now if she was applying for a job as a dancer, that's a different story.
  • jackattack107
    12 years ago
    True story: At the same Pink Pony mentioned in the article, my friend got preyed upon by one. He was drunk and this transgendered lady starting hitting on him. They start to make out at the table and end up getting a smoke outside. A nearby table came and told me that I needed to let my friend know he was getting played hard. I just thought it was a really toned, athletic, tall chick. Anyway, he was mortified when I told him, because apparently he had told "her" he'd meet her at a nearby hotel. Later on, I told one of the dancers and she informed me that at that particular location, there had been multiple instances of transgendered women hitting on stupid, drunk guys.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    If she looks like a woman and has female body parts, let her use the women's restroom. I don't care that much about customers. I just don't want to get a dance from a female looking dancer who doesn't have complete female body parts. I remember years ago there was one dancer working at a nearby club who looked female but other dancers told me she was male or had a penis. That's what I want to avoid. You can call me discriminatory but I only want dances from female looking dancers with vaginas.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    This is stupid. Transgenders don't do this just so they can get a free peek in the other restroom.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    At Ace of Spades in Detroit last Thursday night, 5/3/12, I entered the mens room to find five dancers sitting there smoking and talking. I waited for them to leave. When I returned, one dancer remained while I used the stall. I can only guess:(1) using the mens room is a regular thing for dancers at this club. I have seen this before;(2) a drug sale was taking place; (3) a transgendered dancer was being supported by female dancers. I have heard rumors that this club has allowed transgendered dancers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion