Factors In Top 40 & Bottom 40

minnow
Any place that interests me.
Quick perusal of top 40: Factors in club being listed in top 40 include combination of 2 way mileage, attractive dancers, and the right intangibles of atmosphere. Some(Adelita), have flat out been called a whorehouse by rave reviewers, several others have been lauded for "extras". As for Bottom 40: Either fuglies, perceived high cover & drink charges, or else being a clip joint. Your opinions and experiences in ratings?

6 comments

• DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I have to agree with Officer. Here in Omaha, they only have no contact bikini bars, and I could go to them and write bad reviews, since I don't like those places, but since I completely avoid those types of places, I prefer to let the people who go there do the reviews. They might be good, but they aren't my style.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    Just goes to show that you sometimes have to read between the lines. One b40 club post griped about $5 cover charge! That wouldn't be enough to keep me away, but if club has multiple ripoff scam postings or fuglies, I'll probably keep driving past exit, or get a cab for a better club on other side of town.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Officer, local laws are one of the factors that cause some clubs to be better than others. You can't expect everyone here to be an expert on the laws in each area. If I like contact and a club doesn't have it I don't much care why, I'm not going to rate the club as highly as a place that has contact. Similarly I don't expect someone who likes to drink alcohol in strip clubs to rate a non-alcohol club as highly, or someone who likes full nudity to rate a club that requires pasties and G-strings as highly. Why the clubs are that way isn't relevant.
  • Officer
    18 years ago
    One thing that bothers me is that some reviewers give clubs low ratings for not having contact, when local laws prohibit the club from allowing contact. Thus, excellent clubs in no-contact cities like Washington and Atlanta are downgraded when in fact some of these clubs would rank among the best in the U.S. I don't understand why these reviewers even go to the clubs in the first place since the clubs don't allow contact. Why don't they just call and ask the clubs whether contact is allowed?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I think location is a big factor too. There aren't any cities that have more than one club on the list. I find it hard to believe that the second best club in a city like Tampa or Houston or Philly isn't better than some of the others that make the list. I think clubs that are in areas that have a lot of local competition tend to be rated lower than clubs that have little, because each local customer has a favorite club and is likely to grade the other clubs in the area more harshly than if they were somewhere else where they were the best club around.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I would think cost has a huge effect as well. If the local club I visited was cheaper, I think they would rate higher than they do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion