tuscl

Philly area clubs

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:01 AM
I saw a recent post about Northeast clubs. Anyone have recommendations for the best clubs in the Philadelphia area. I see the Playhouse and Cheeks rank high. However from what I have read they are basically lapdance/message parlors. I'm talking about a Gentlemans Club/GoGO Bar. Where I can see attractive somewhat intelleigent women, have a few drinks wattch a game and get a coulpe good lapdances.

4 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    I thought I remembered having a beer at Erotic Cafe, obviously I'm mistaken. I agree the place isn't much but there used to be a girl there who was spectacular and gave the most erotic LD's anywhere. She made the place worthwhile but I don't think she's there any longer. Sorry but I'm afraid I can't help you any further. As you know there are a ton of clubs in the area but I haven't been to any of the downtown clubs other than Show-n-Tell and it's been many years since I've been to clubs in the airport area. I've been to several neighborhood bar type places north of the city but nothing that I'd recommend going out of your way for. Club Risque is my favorite also. The last couple of years I've done most of my clubbing in Maryland, mostly Gentlemen's Gold Club, which is a super nice place but, like most GC's, it's grossly overpriced. Ever go clubbing in the Poconos? If not you're missing something.
  • bigdawg_1
    18 years ago
    Fondl: Iv'e been to al the clubs youv'e listed. Erotic Cafe lost their liquor license years ago. It's a little to dumpy for me. Probably the best of the clubs you mentioned is Club Risque on the Delaware. However a have a problem with Connie the GM there. She really pissed me off earlier this year so I haven't been back much. Any other suggestions?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Bigdawg, a couple of other thoughts. First, I believe all of the places that I mentioned are open during the day, if you care. Second, most of the places I mentioned are north of center city, which is the area most convenient to me. There are also some decent clubs south of the city near the airport, if that's more convenient for you. And finally, no strip club visit to Philly is complete without a stop in Show-n-Tell Showbar, which is a BYOB fully nude place attached to a XXX bookstore and the most unique place I've ever been. But don't expect a gentlemen's club, in fact it's about as far removed from that as you can get. It's south of center city along the river and not far from several other clubs, all easily accessible by cab from center city if that's important.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Try Club Risque in Bristol, which is a close-in northeastern suburb (there's also one downtown but I've never been there.) I also used to really like Dangerous Curves north of center city but I haven't been there since they remodeled several years ago. The two aren't far apart so you could hit them both but you need a car to do so. Either place will give you reasonably priced medium contact LD's in decent surroundings but I wouldn't call either one a gentlemen's club - if you really want that there are several downtown (Delilah's Den just north of center city is the most famous plus there are a couple others and a new one recently opened further south) but they'll cost you more and you'll get less contact. I've never been to any of the GC's downtown. Also keep in mind that all these clubs have liqour licenses, which means that the girls wear pasties. If you want to avoid pasties, I like the Erotic Cafe across the river in NJ - it's a tiny dump of a place but they have some attractive girls and lots of contact and a full bar. It's close to both Playhouse and Dangerous Curves.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion